Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Post by Another Northern Soul »

TBF to Dub Leeds when referring to flags at ER etc, he might have missed the point that the Galway flag was a Leeds flag primarily - I genuinely missed that part too but presumed it was a LU flag :)
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Double post, sorry
Last edited by Deleted User 496 on 22 Sep 2017, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 496

rigger wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:Ditch nationalism, flags, religion, etc and the world would be a far better place.
You could include being a football fan in with that lot - it's all tribalism, after all.
you could indeed. The tribalism whilst powerful and special in football supporters to almost the complete exclusion of any other sport at least in its intensity, is unfortunately a problem also.

Anyhow.................
Deleted User 496

Dubleeds wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:TBF to Dub Leeds when referring to flags at ER etc, he might have missed the point that the Galway flag was a Leeds flag primarily - I genuinely missed that part too but presumed it was a LU flag :)
No I got it ANS and it's also a tri-colour, etc. If people don't get my point about the fact that nationalism, religion, etc has essentially been the cause of so many deaths, wars, etc down the centuries and continues to be to this present day, then I don't intend to try to explain it to them and in any event in a certain way derail the thread. I mean if KK can't see the link between an Irish flag (regardless of what else is on it) and nationalism, then I give up.

I'm a human being full stop. I don't need to show my Irishness, Falkland island ancestry, etc. I don't need to be European either. I am the same as all other human beings, whatever colour, creed or place of birth, full stop for me.

anyhow cheers
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'd like to see us go one step further.
As I said, we've always been innovative as a club and bringing the ladies' team is one thing, but why not do what two clubs in Spain did and support all minorities by wearing a rainbow kit as a second or third strip for a season ?
Rayo Vallecano were the first, then CD Guadalajara joined in with both clubs donating a percentage of the profits to anti-racism and homophobia charities :

Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:I'd like to see us go one step further.
As I said, we've always been innovative as a club and bringing the ladies' team is one thing, but why not do what two clubs in Spain did and support all minorities by wearing a rainbow kit as a second or third strip for a season ?
Rayo Vallecano were the first, then CD Guadalajara joined in with both clubs donating a percentage of the profits to anti-racism and homophobia charities :

Those are top kits regardless of political statement. I'd definitely support a diagonal rainbow slash across a blue away shirt.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I am not a bigot, I'm not intolerant and I only hate red but sorry, rainbows on Leeds kits is a no from me. Kit manufacturers probably have a bigger say in the matter anyway.
Deleted User 728

Another Northern Soul wrote:I am not a bigot, I'm not intolerant and I only hate red but sorry, rainbows on Leeds kits is a no from me. Kit manufacturers probably have a bigger say in the matter anyway.

Not even for one season when it's all about raising awareness of social issues ??

Come on, mate .. how about if we left the red out for a PR stunt and swapped it for a white stripe in there instead ??
That would be superb publicity !

Deleted User 728

Having posted that, I can't help thinking it would be best on an all black kit !
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I am not a bigot, I'm not intolerant and I only hate red but sorry, rainbows on Leeds kits is a no from me. Kit manufacturers probably have a bigger say in the matter anyway.
I'm with ANS on this. Football is for EVERYONE, it shouldn't be hijacked for any kind of political statement on behalf of any minority or majority group. We are all in this together, regardless of who we are or what we stand for.
Oh, and by the way, I hate red even more than ANS does! :D
I once played against Don Revie.