Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1076

Re: Disappointed with some of our fans' attitude ..

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

lufctrav wrote:
rigger wrote:I'd like to see us go one step further.
As I said, we've always been innovative as a club and bringing the ladies' team is one thing, but why not do what two clubs in Spain did and support all minorities by wearing a rainbow kit as a second or third strip for a season ?
Rayo Vallecano were the first, then CD Guadalajara joined in with both clubs donating a percentage of the profits to anti-racism and homophobia charities :

I don't believe sporting clubs and politics should mix. Equality isn't necessarily about having everyone share the same beliefs, equality is about accepting and respecting beliefs that are different to yours.
Supporting a cause publicly as a club is one thing, representing it on the shirt is another.
This is going way off topic now, but I disagree. There are beliefs I will never accept nor respect. Take the LGBT issue, there are people in this country who do not believe gay should be able to marry. There are even people who think homosexuality should be illegal. I will neither accept or respect that. I will accept their right to hold those views.

Not all beliefs are equal, not all opinions are valid.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

davidbattyspants wrote:Not all beliefs are equal, not all opinions are valid.
:clap:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

davidbattyspants wrote: I will accept their right to hold those views.
Are you a student of Voltaire, my friend? ;)

Rigger, mate. I don't have a problem with LGB or T people, nor the club supporting them, but that CD Guadalajara shirt looks like someone has chucked up down the front of it.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

I'm coming to this chat a bit late and have to agree with most comments here. If you look at most posters we all come from different backgrounds, whether it be nationality, religion or otherwise. We are a diverse group with one common bond,who lack a bit of common sense in that we all support and love Leeds United. I like this forum in that most people make a lot of sense and despite varying views on matters the banter never really get's out of hand, there's always a semblance of respect for the opposition/other peoples views and that's the way life should be - variety is the spice of life as they say. I have to say that I have absolutely no time for those who indulge in the Saville chants as what he did is probably THE most despicable thing an individual can do. To chant in that manner just casts us in the same despicable light and as Rigger says it makes us no better than Millwall fans who as far as I can see have little or no interest in football ( a major generalisation I Know.)

At the end of the day Football is entertainment and a diversion from lifes travails. In a halcyon world it should add to our enjoyment and not add to our stress levels with ignorant chanting. I have been to ER many times from across the pond and have enjoyed every occasion win, lose or draw (which i my case is draw, draw, draw, draw........ lose, draw, draw..draw). I have brought my kids who have loved it (despite the fact they've since jumped ship to PL Teams - I'll get them back yet). I will be bringing them over again in the New Year, but every time I go (and this can appliy to every football ground) I have to explain to them the mentality of some grown adults. They come from a background where at home sitting with the opposition fans actually adds to the banter and there have been scenarios where I have roared at opposition players (whether it be hurling, Gaelic football or Rugby) and immediately turn around and offer an opposition fan my apologies which is always taken in good spirit. This unfortunately is not possible in Soccer stadiums around the UK as like everyday life there are always some buffoons around looking to cause hassle. I suppose there's always a minority ruins it for the majority, but I think we need to shout down those who sully our team and our reputation. (Rant over!)

Just to show how all REAL football fans get on despite stereotypes take a look at this.

http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/ ... 01444.html
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Independent Republic wrote:I'm coming to this chat a bit late and have to agree with most comments here. If you look at most posters we all come from different backgrounds, whether it be nationality, religion or otherwise. We are a diverse group with one common bond,who lack a bit of common sense in that we all support and love Leeds United. I like this forum in that most people make a lot of sense and despite varying views on matters the banter never really get's out of hand, there's always a semblance of respect for the opposition/other peoples views and that's the way life should be - variety is the spice of life as they say. I have to say that I have absolutely no time for those who indulge in the Saville chants as what he did is probably THE most despicable thing an individual can do. To chant in that manner just casts us in the same despicable light and as Rigger says it makes us no better than Millwall fans who as far as I can see have little or no interest in football ( a major generalisation I Know.)

At the end of the day Football is entertainment and a diversion from lifes travails. In a halcyon world it should add to our enjoyment and not add to our stress levels with ignorant chanting. I have been to ER many times from across the pond and have enjoyed every occasion win, lose or draw (which i my case is draw, draw, draw, draw........ lose, draw, draw..draw). I have brought my kids who have loved it (despite the fact they've since jumped ship to PL Teams - I'll get them back yet). I will be bringing them over again in the New Year, but every time I go (and this can appliy to every football ground) I have to explain to them the mentality of some grown adults. They come from a background where at home sitting with the opposition fans actually adds to the banter and there have been scenarios where I have roared at opposition players (whether it be hurling, Gaelic football or Rugby) and immediately turn around and offer an opposition fan my apologies which is always taken in good spirit. This unfortunately is not possible in Soccer stadiums around the UK as like everyday life there are always some buffoons around looking to cause hassle. I suppose there's always a minority ruins it for the majority, but I think we need to shout down those who sully our team and our reputation. (Rant over!)

Just to show how all REAL football fans get on despite stereotypes take a look at this.

http://www.independent.ie/videos/sport/ ... 01444.html

Great post mate, and a cool video clip too :thumbup: