Cardiff Ticket..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SuperJimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Cardiff Ticket..

Post by SuperJimmy »

After trying to buy an away ticket for Cardiff with my gold membership and failing, I saw that someone was selling one on Twitter, contacted him and bought it from him.

I’ve since seen that this is frowned upon, I’m aware of course that it’s not technically legal but it’s no secret it happens a lot. I just wanted to ask where people stand on it, and also ask if I’m gonna get railed by a fellow Leeds fan sat next to me if he finds out.

In my mind I wanted to go to the game, I’m a fan and it’s very hard to get tickets, and I bought one. Is the argument that the person who I bought the ticket from should have handed it back to the club when they realised hey couldn’t go?

I just want to support my club and have a decent day but slightly worried it’ll be marred by it all.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Cardiff Ticket..

Post by Barlow Boy »

Tickets getting sold via Twitter between fans is commonplace, Noel Whelan and Adam Pope etc are always retweeting tickets that are available.

Obviously, I've no idea who you bought it from, but don't see why fellow Leeds fans near you would be bothered. Surely they would have no idea who was supposed to be sitting there anyway, unless they are mates of his and, even then, they would know he's sold it.

My only concern when I've considered doing this myself, is that the stewards at the ground are supposed to check that the number on the back of your membership card, is the same as that on the back of your ticket. However, this has only happened to me once in the various grounds I have visited so unlikely to happen, but have an excuse ready just in case.

Enjoy the game pal :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

All depends on why the seller is selling it, in my view. I'm afraid this is only going to get worse while we get more and more popular again and there are plenty of us who have been loyal for many years who will miss out. Such is football supporting, we are already too popular for away games. Tonight's my first miss of the season, and not by choice, but I wasn't really looking forward to the long journey back home arriving in the small hours.

Ticket holding Leeds fans who tout match tickets are as bad as normal ticket touts over charging for concerts etc but I don't know if that's actually happening with our games.

Brighton last week issued official criticism of fans who had bought tickets for the LC game at Bournemouth but had not used them (something like a 1000 unused tickets) - they had reportedly bought them just so as to maintain 'loyalty points' for PL matches. Rumours that Leeds fans are doing the same but I can't comment as I'm not sure it's accurate.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Cardiff Ticket.

Post by NottinghamWhite »

When we were in League 1 tickets at a lot of grounds were difficult to obtain, mainly due to the allocation. I used to get up at 06:00 & as I was part of a round robin type scenario virtually every time I'd get a text stating that someone hadn't turned up so a ticket & a seat on the coach was available. When I ran Nottingham Whites we occasionally had a spare ticket & would put out a few texts & it would be sold, usually below market value.
Winner of the Europa League
SuperJimmy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by SuperJimmy »

I totally agree that supporters who have been loyal and ever present for so many years should be rewarded. Think that’s why I saw some aggro in that it was ‘plastic’ fans buying the tickets off those who couldn’t go and thus some fans who really should be going, end up not being able to.

In my case I’ve been abroad so haven’t built up any away games, I saw an opportunity to get to one and can’t wait. I don’t know what the solution is going forward to make sure that those who deserve tickets get them.

Where is everyone boozing?