Wiedwald

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3150

Wiedwald

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Apparently Felix has put his loss of form down to tiredness, not being used to playing twice in one week.

Does anybody think like me that this is just unbelievable, following on from Cooper's statement about squad tiredness.

I think it's a bloody good job they're not working down t'pit.

How would they do if they had a really hard job, like a lot of people in the real world, who often also get paid a pittance.

It's not even as if Felix has to run around all game is it?

He says it's also mentally tiring? Let's face it, in the first few games he had bugger-all to do!

I think the inability to command his box and to catch the ball, might have more to do with his poor form.

Anyway we'll see if and when he comes back all rested - poor mite! :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Wiedwald

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I read somewhere last week in think in the Bristol City presser that Cooper said the drop in form was down to the players being tired. I thought at the time what a feeble excuse. Today's players would never have coped back in the 70's with the combination of things the players had to contend with then. Leather balls, quagmire pitches, 2 games most week & a lot having injections to get them through games. What the hell would they have done then. Wiedwalds tiredness is the hardest to understand I mean keepers hardly go sprinting down the pitch several times a game do they ?
Winner of the Europa League
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

whiteinfrance wrote:Apparently Felix has put his loss of form down to tiredness, not being used to playing twice in a week

TIREDNESS TIREDNESS he would have got tired if he played with big Jack Charlton
Big Jack would have chased him all over Leeds to thump him.
German clown.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

90 miles a hour wrote: German clown.
Interesting choice of words there.

It's a bit like when John Terry called Anton Ferdinand a "black ****". I'm guessing you chose it because it's descriptive rather than a xenophobic observation, a bit like JT couldn't possibly be a racist ?? :shh:
Deleted User 3150

I can't think of many German clowns! :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

whiteinfrance wrote:I can't think of many German clowns! :lol:
Deleted User 3150

Maybe Felix could do with THAT up his bum! :D
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Tiredness my arse. They want to try lying on the sofa all day with a hangover. :P
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

So for those who don't think tiredness is an excuse, what do you do for a living? Are you at your peak performance 100% of the time.
You can't compare players now to the 70's, a different era. Then they used to eat what they like, often smoke or go boozing, if they had a bad game they'd just get on with it. Now everything is monitored and tracked, everything to keep performance peaked including training every day. Don't tell me players in the 70's didn't have bad days, its just there wasn't the pressure to be peak every game, you just went out and played.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Nic wrote:So for those who don't think tiredness is an excuse, what do you do for a living? Are you at your peak performance 100% of the time.
You can't compare players now to the 70's, a different era. Then they used to eat what they like, often smoke or go boozing, if they had a bad game they'd just get on with it. Now everything is monitored and tracked, everything to keep performance peaked including training every day. Don't tell me players in the 70's didn't have bad days, its just there wasn't the pressure to be peak every game, you just went out and played.
Well said Nic,, think some fans are only happy if they can find a negative.
Everyone has good and bad games, yes and some won't make it but unless a player is deliberately not trying they don't deserve the crap fired at them.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.