Simon Grayson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
sawadee3
Terry Venables's car dealer

Simon Grayson

Post by sawadee3 »

Simon Grayson isn't busy.
Yes he's been away a while but i see that along the lines of him being temporarily loaned out to lesser teams where he was able to grow & make his mistakes.
Then, when ready being brought back to his parent club where he is able to hit the ground running, oh and with points to prove & fire in his belly!
Automatic promotion THIS SEASON is for me then 100% back on the agenda.
KandolsBigToe
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Re: Simon Grayson

Post by KandolsBigToe »

lol.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

sawadee3 wrote:Simon Grayson isn't busy.
Yes he's been away a while but i see that along the lines of him being temporarily loaned out to lesser teams where he was able to grow & make his mistakes.
Then, when ready being brought back to his parent club where he is able to hit the ground running, oh and with points to prove & fire in his belly!
Automatic promotion THIS SEASON is for me then 100% back on the agenda.

I would love to believe it. He was doing just fine with Preston, but his stint at Sunderland has tainted him I fear. Never the less it does show that most managers need time to make their stamp no a team.
Acomb1

Post by Acomb1 »

No manager could make Sunderland a success, their on a crash course to oblivion. Liquidation next and a few years in the 3 tier if their lucky. Grayson had no chance.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Acomb1 wrote:No manager could make Sunderland a success, their on a crash course to oblivion. Liquidation next and a few years in the 3 tier if their lucky. Grayson had no chance.

I agree with you, which is why I thought it was foolish of them to sack him, when he had a little bit on momentum going and secondly he is tarnished by the very fact they sacked him. I just wonder why he left Preston where he was doing just fine, to go there?
sawadee3

Post by sawadee3 »

Looks like It's a mute point anyway re Grayson or anyone else for that matter coming in to replace Thomas because Andrea Radrizzani it seems is still backing HIS man. If we lose the next two matches though especially in light of our recent horrendous run then i feel even AR may be forced into looking at it again otherwise a relegation battle early in the new year may well beckon.

I sincerely hope that TC turns things around and yes i would like to see him given time too.
But, If results don't pick up soon then ideally it would be better if a change occured BEFORE the January window because under recent regimes we always seemed to wait until AFTER the closing of transfer windows to change our coach.
Last edited by sawadee3 on 06 Nov 2017, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
sawadee3

Post by sawadee3 »

The other question is: Regardless of who's in the hot seat will there be ANY money available to buy the players that we clearly need.
I've got no facts or figures to go on so it's just a gut feeling but that gut feeling is telling me that our foreseeable future in terms of transfers in is going to be pretty much restricted to buying more and more talented but cheap kids from Europe.

If so, then for me that's a recipe for disaster, and a certain drop to league 1.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

sawadee3 wrote:The other question is: Regardless of who's in the hot seat will there be ANY money available to buy the players that we clearly need.
I've got no facts or figures to go on so it's just a gut feeling but that gut feeling is telling me that our foreseeable future in terms of transfers in is going to be pretty much restricted to buying more and more talented but cheap kids from Europe.

If so, then for me that's a recipe for disaster, and a certain drop to league 1.

It's not.
Nothing in football is ever certain and I think you're in danger of only seeing this as extremes.
The vast majority of clubs live in a grey netherworld of treading water with occasional ups and downs, in terms of both the table they're in and the actual division itself, though in reality relegation and promotion are fairly rare events.

We won't go down this season. Nor any other season until we get back in the EPL IMHO and even then we may stay up, depending on circumstances. The fan base, the size of the ground, the size of the club historically all mean that the potential for us is limitless.
We can be as big as Man City or Chelsea though probably never as immense as Man U or Liverpool, who are in the global elite along with Real, Barca and FC Bayern. But we can certainly compete with all those clubs again on the pitch.
Acomb1

Post by Acomb1 »

I think the last 2 posts show the mass difference in opinions of our supporters ( both probably delusional). One saying we are going down to league one the other having us competing for the top 6 in the country. Personally we are in between and I believe of the 3 I'm bar far the closest.
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

If I'm in charge of Leeds United, I'm going hard for SG. He is a definite upgrade on our current manager. If we don't employ him, another club will.