Where will we finish this season ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where will we finish this season ?

Automatic Promotion
8%
Play Offs
42%
Mid Table Obscurity
50%
Relegation
No votes

Total votes: 50

USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Where will we finish this season ?

Post by USA for Leeds »

I voted playoffs, but I'm far too much of an optimist.
The Don
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The Don »

8th. Depends what happens in the January window. When Reading were promoted BMD bought Jason Roberts in Jan and they went off like a steamroller, was a very inspired signing.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

The Don wrote:8th. Depends what happens in the January window. When Reading were promoted BMD bought Jason Roberts in Jan and they went off like a steamroller, was a very inspired signing.
If we don't find a goalscorer in the coming months, we're going to need a Jason Roberts in January.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
The Don
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by The Don »

SiMamu wrote:
The Don wrote:8th. Depends what happens in the January window. When Reading were promoted BMD bought Jason Roberts in Jan and they went off like a steamroller, was a very inspired signing.
If we don't find a goalscorer in the coming months, we're going to need a Jason Roberts in January.
Maybe we can get a decent loan or two, rather than looking for permanent signings.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

Starting to look like mid table again to me. We need to turn these draws into wins if we are serious in gatting promoted or into the play off positions.

Still unbeaten so not all doom and gloom. :thumbup:
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I think in terms of playing staff, we are just below mid table, although elland road crowd do give us an advantage on occasions. We are 4 quality players off a side that can finish in and around the top 4. In simple terms we need to replace bechio, snodgrass, gradel and the solidity kisnorbo gave us in league 1. Those replacements will cost circa £10m which GFH don't have, therefore I top 10 is all if think we can realistically expect BMc to achieve. There are 7 sides in this league that should finish above us at a cantor, the three relegated sides, leicster, forest, Watford and Bolton. Success I guess would therefore be an 8th place finish, unacceptable for a club of our stature, but possibly the best we should expect.
banksy
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by banksy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Where do you think we will finish in this seasons Coca Cola Championship ?

Isn't great to have a poll that'll stay :thumbup:
On the poll i notice omly four votes for automatic promotion..keep the faith i reckon we can do it
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

banksy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Where do you think we will finish in this seasons Coca Cola Championship ?

On the poll i notice omly four votes for automatic promotion..keep the faith i reckon we can do it
I wonder how many people who voted at the start, would change their vote six games in unbeaten!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

banksy wrote:

You might be right, if The Boss can keep us playing compact competitive footy all year with no real poor spells, I think we can push for a place near the top. I didn't think this possible before, but after our start and performances I can see this happening. SUPER LEEDS.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Saturday will tell us a lot QPR should tear up this division OR are they all going to turn into premiership prima donnas. I think there are certainly at least 7 teams with better teams/squads than ours so realistically 8th would be a good season. But the wheels can easily come off particularly for those relegated sides - Reading like QPR, based on ability, should be there or there about's the top two - however a 6 nil reverse probably says more about their attitude than their ability. Lets just hope we get a couple in over the next two days & Maybe a kid like Mowett will emerge, and then we may have a chance of delivering this season.