Should Cooper be captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Should Cooper be captain

Post by Leicester White »

Pontus. Better still get Bartley back and make him captain... must be tired of bench-warming by now! In time, I think it'll be Shaughnessy. I like the captain to be Centre-Back or Central Midfield and agree it should be someone who is one of the first names on the team sheet.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

whiteinfrance wrote:I see Cooper has defended Ayling's stupidity.

Quote from twitter to a critic : 'You would have done the same in that situation'

Presumably that means HE would have done the same.

We know he is prone to stupidity himself and this comment suggests he thinks it's ok in general to react to provocation?

I would suggest that this shows he doesn't have the qualities of sense, discipline and restraint needed by the leader who should be leading by example!

Yes he should be captain if it's what the manager is happy with.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Should Cooper be in the starting eleven?
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

johnh wrote:Should Cooper be in the starting eleven?
:D
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Leicester White wrote:Better still get Bartley back and make him captain... must be tired of bench-warming by now!.
Bartley is injured pal, knee ligaments I think. They said he would be lucky to be back before Christmas.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Who else is there? Pontus... but it would probably drive him insane if we kept losing. Barardi is a man of few words but loves a tackle. Phillips or Veiria maybe in time. I've no problem with Cooper I just don't think he's good enough. If he had stayed Bartley would have been my choice.
Leicester White

Post by Leicester White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Leicester White wrote:Better still get Bartley back and make him captain... must be tired of bench-warming by now!.
Bartley is injured pal, knee ligaments I think. They said he would be lucky to be back before Christmas.
Cheers BB, didn't know... sadly, it's been a while since I had a keen interest in the premiership! :-)
lufctrav
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by lufctrav »

Just because he's standing by his teammate in public, doesn't mean that something hasn't been said behind closed doors.
It's important that a leader shows support and understanding for his teammates, something i believe Cooper has done here.
Daz5

Post by Daz5 »

Yup Cooper captain as that's what his teammates wanted
yorkfan

Post by yorkfan »

lufctrav wrote:Just because he's standing by his teammate in public, doesn't mean that something hasn't been said behind closed doors.
It's important that a leader shows support and understanding for his teammates, something i believe Cooper has done here.
100% this.