Should Cooper be captain

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 3150

Re: Should Cooper be captain

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Sorry - he shouldn't be supporting stupidity and indiscipline! :crazy:

If he didn't want to criticise Ayling in public, fair enough, but shouldn't be saying it's ok to react.
Wigwam
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by Wigwam »

I can't critcise Ayling for what he did in the heat of the moment. He's tried a bit of restraint in that he's tried to make it look a little bit like an accident, but was then probably as gobsmacked as us all that he wasn't given a foul after being literally wrestled to the floor. Free kick to us he doesn't even get booked. Cooper's just showing a bit of solidarity.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Ayling must have know that a free kick wasn't given. To grab an opponents leg in the penalty area was sheer stupidity, a complete lack of discipline.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Honestly in some ways i like seeing a bit of fire and passion from the lads, just don't do it inside the box where you can see how easy ref's are giving a lot to other teams.

I have seen the video of the incident and if it was me and someone wrestled me down i think in all honestly i would have reacted also. Its very difficult not to when your at the high end of sports passion.

Not sure what i would have said if i was in Cooper's shoes. If Ayling had been given a red card then i guess it would have been something else entirely because we might have only got a minimum of a point after the penalty was scored, the pressure we would have been under with our lack of confidence would have left all the fans here being vociferous against Ayling. We were lucky it wasn't a red.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

johnh wrote:Ayling must have know that a free kick wasn't given. To grab an opponents leg in the penalty area was sheer stupidity, a complete lack of discipline.
I'm very undisciplined Johnh :D
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

If not Cooper - then who? Hobson' choice I think.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Coops seems to be very popular with the other players judging by comments I've seen on vids and in the programme interviews. He's clearly grown up a bit this season (apart from Cardiff!) so I'm happy with him as skip.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

The U23's could've done with him last night. Disgraceful behaviour vs Rhyl.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

DominanceUK wrote:The U23's could've done with him last night. Disgraceful behaviour vs Rhyl.
Were you at the game, or did you just see the twenty seconds of footage getting around the web ?
If it’s the later then it’s hardly enough to make that judgement
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

The players voted for him, but the discipline/mistakes are costing us goals and points and it comes down to him. I'd probably bring in Klich and give him the band or give it to Pablo.