FA Cup 3rd round

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rhonda boy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: FA Cup 3rd round

Post by rhonda boy »

Only a small ground should get about 1500 tickets for away fans...if anyone going to the game use the bars in the town not the ones near the ground
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The big surprise of the draw is Arsenal being drawn away. I always thought it was a rule of the competition that they had to be drawn at home.
I once played against Don Revie.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

Frustrating for me as my second team is Cambridge United who lost to Newport in the last round.
Would have liked to see both my teams meeting in the cup again!
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

johnh wrote:The big surprise of the draw is Arsenal being drawn away. I always thought it was a rule of the competition that they had to be drawn at home.
No pal, it's Man Utd that do! And lo and behold they get a home draw. I have absolutely no doubt they'll be on TV too. I think, if memory serves me correctly, they've been on TV (FA Cup) a number of times consecutively. I know it's a ridiculous number but not sure how many times it is.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

DominanceUK wrote:
johnh wrote:The big surprise of the draw is Arsenal being drawn away. I always thought it was a rule of the competition that they had to be drawn at home.
No pal, it's Man Utd that do! And lo and behold they get a home draw. I have absolutely no doubt they'll be on TV too. I think, if memory serves me correctly, they've been on TV (FA Cup) a number of times consecutively. I know it's a ridiculous number but not sure how many times it is.
Its 58 at the moment and if the Derby game is shown it will be 59.
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

rigger wrote:Just a generic web pic, mate - I've got about 10 different Leeds teams in my collection and not one of them has a broken player !

If you played on carpet, it always happened, but once elevated to a board on a table top, the double-legger became much rarer :D
yeah we had ours pasted to a big piece of chipboard, stood up behind the dining room door always ready.... we were obviously much more careless with dropping... the old "uhu" glue was forever coming out :lol:
NO news is good news
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

woollywhite wrote:
rigger wrote:Just a generic web pic, mate - I've got about 10 different Leeds teams in my collection and not one of them has a broken player !

If you played on carpet, it always happened, but once elevated to a board on a table top, the double-legger became much rarer :D
yeah we had ours pasted to a big piece of chipboard, stood up behind the dining room door always ready.... we were obviously much more careless with dropping... the old "uhu" glue was forever coming out :lol:
I think the main thing was when I was playing as a lad there were about five or six of us on the street that were involved and we'd usually play in someone's conservatory and because we were effectively a gang of boys, the girls didn't come near us while we were playing.
In my experiences, it's usually a female foot that steps on the players - everyone freezes (even now !!) whenever a player goes flying from the table :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Haven't posted in a while, but had to join the Subbuteo talk. Adored it as a kid and bought our original 1982 Club Edition on Ebay again a few years back (even though it had Zico in Brazil strip on the front) - we upgraded in 1987 to the edition with Watford v Villa on the box.
Regarding broken players, we used to melt the legs with a lighter and fix them back to the base.... Players got progressively shorter over the years. They were great for bullet shots though, lower centre of gravity, or so we thought.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
Its 58 at the moment and if the Derby game is shown it will be 59.
Cheers pal, I knew it was a ridiculous amount.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

"A lengthy Manchester United streak will finally come to an end in January - for the first time in 13 years they'll play in an FA Cup game that will not be televised.
United's enormous global appeal makes them box office no matter who they're facing, but - after 58 games on the bounce - they won't be on the box next month" reports the Telegraph.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay