Revie Stand

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Jazz My Funk
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Revie Stand

Post by Jazz My Funk »

I last went to a home game when the Revie stand was the place to be for the atmosphere, but I now see it is in the south stand. Does that mean the Revie Stand has lost its atmosphere?
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Revie Stand

Post by dlw10 »

Jazz My Funk wrote:I last went to a home game when the Revie stand was the place to be for the atmosphere, but I now see it is in the south stand. Does that mean the Revie Stand has lost its atmosphere?
Nah! The South stand is smaller and became a sort of "defiant" place in the last couple of years and of course it's right next to the away support but the North Stand is much bigger and therefore has a wider cross section of fan types in there. My ST is near the front of the Revie Stand and for me it is still the place to be when ER is rocking, if nothing else because of the noise the bigger numbers can make.
Jazz My Funk
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Jazz My Funk »

Thanks.
I always see the youtube clips posted from within the south stand. Going to the Hull game on the 23rd, so looking forward to a good atmosphere.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Jazz My Funk wrote:Thanks.
I always see the youtube clips posted from within the south stand. Going to the Hull game on the 23rd, so looking forward to a good atmosphere.
I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic from anywhere in the stadium if all goes to plan! Enjoy! You are right about there being more social media clips coming from the South stand too, and there are big groups of lads who prefer it in there these days... it may even be an age thing!!!!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dlw10 wrote:
I'm sure the atmosphere will be fantastic from anywhere in the stadium if all goes to plan! Enjoy! You are right about there being more social media clips coming from the South stand too, and there are big groups of lads who prefer it in there these days... it may even be an age thing!!!!
The south Stand is definitely an age thing.

I had a season ticket in there for ages when I was in my teens, I think I’ve still got my Lacoste jumpers somewhere. I know a number of ST holders near me used to be in there too, but moved over to the North Stand in later years. I moved over for different reasons, of course, i.e Barlow Junior being unable to control himself near the away fans.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

I had a season ticket in there for ages when I was in my teens, I think I’ve still got my Lacoste jumpers somewhere. I know a number of ST holders near me used to be in there too, but moved over to the North Stand in later years. I moved over for different reasons, of course, i.e Barlow Junior being unable to control himself near the away fans.
If it's an age thing by not enjoying throwing beer and singing Savile songs and looking at opposition fans more than watching the game then I'm glad I'm old TBH :D
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
dlw10 wrote:

I must check that with Barlow junior sometime... I reckon it was Dad who was losing control!