Famous Leeds United quotes/commentary

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Clarke One Nil
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: Famous Leeds United quotes/commentary

Post by Clarke One Nil »

Especially since he's still working with the club, pictures and commentary of Eddie Gray's two goals against Burnley would be great...

For the chip: "What an incredibly judged goal by Eddie Gray!"

Then for the dribble: "What a masterly goal by Eddie Gray!"
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Great efforts, people, thanks.

It's rubbish on the face of it but I did like Beckford's 'What shirt am I wearing, bruv?' too :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Howard Wilkinson: "The club is like an old Savile Row suit, frayed at the edges. Like a Rolls Royce in a breakers yard."

Allan Clarke: "When Billy Bremner took us across the white line, whether it was at Elland Road or Anfield or Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, those players, my team, we died for Leeds United we died for that club...Billy was the best player who ever played, they don't make players like him today."

Radostin Kishishev: "When I finish with football, I will be able to say 'I played for Leeds'. No one will ask me which division I was in, they will just know it was the biggest club I have played for."

Billy Bremner: "Every time Leeds concede a goal I feel like I've been stabbed in the heart."

Jonathan Woodgate on whose results he looks for first: "Leeds, Leeds reserves, Leeds Youth teams, Leeds Permanent Building Society Pub Team, Leeds & Holbeck Pub Team, Leeds ice-hockey team, East Leeds chess under-19's, South Leeds Over-75's poker team, anyone else with Leeds in their name.

Although not a Leeds player but –

John Arlott: "If every manager were given the choice of one player to add to their squad some would toy with the idea of George Best. But realists would have Billy Bremner."
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.