Half term

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Half term

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Well we are exactly half way through the season what are your feelings ? Personally I'm happy to be in the play offs. Teams like Cardiff & Sheffield United are losing some momentum & I think Derby are doing what Derby do & peaking too early. It's going to be an intresting January window. Also we seem to have 2 reasonable away games coming up at Burton & Birmingham, here's hoping.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Half term

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I'm very positive about the club's position, both in the league and off the pitch.

The players will only get better the longer the season goes on as the belief builds and they continue to settle individually and gel as a team.
The manager will only get better as he'll have experienced pretty much every other team we'll face by now so he'll have a better understanding.
The board and owners have been magnificent.
The fans have to be happy.

The only way we could improve our lot is by going up either automatically - which is still on if Colin continues to rely on Bambi and Peltier at the back - or via the play-offs. It's about time we won at Wembley, isn't it ??

Here's to a strong cup run too, just to keep the entire squad happy and match-fit for the inevitable suspensions and injuries :)
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

If you'd offered us fifth place at Xmas at the start of the season I'd have bitten your hand off. So, well pleased so far.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see we got pipped at the post for the highest Championship crowd yesterday. Villa beat us by 54!
I once played against Don Revie.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

About the same as last, only we started well rather than badly. After losing 8/12, I'm happy to be fifth, interesting we never went lower than 10th, which shows how well we started the season. I think we're in a stronger position to the second half than last year and can push for automatic. Not sure Cardiff have the quality to last the season. Grinding out wins is fine, but you still need the x factor players to win you games when playing badly, which they don't have.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

I am obviously very happy to be back in the playoffs and I am generally happy with Christiansen as manager - I'm delighted we stuck him too, as sacking him was certainly never the right answer, only a reactive response. Looking at the division, promotion is definitely very attainable, mainly because - bar Wolves - every team is incredibly bang average. Looking at those around us, none of them particularly scream star quality. Our past two wins have been grinded out, and whilst that's nice for confidence, I'd prefer if we could improve our overall player and start to win and dominate with more comfort, to really assert ourselves as leading figures in the division. We definitely have some talented players, we just need more flow, movement and precision to our play.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote:I am obviously very happy to be back in the playoffs and I am generally happy with Christiansen as manager - I'm delighted we stuck him too, as sacking him was certainly never the right answer, only a reactive response. Looking at the division, promotion is definitely very attainable, mainly because - bar Wolves - every team is incredibly bang average. Looking at those around us, none of them particularly scream star quality. Our past two wins have been grinded out, and whilst that's nice for confidence, I'd prefer if we could improve our overall player and start to win and dominate with more comfort, to really assert ourselves as leading figures in the division. We definitely have some talented players, we just need more flow, movement and precision to our play.
Ground, mate, ground :ugeek:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Certainly happy with things currently, 5th is good especially with the potential to keep improving.

Can sense a feel good factor slowly emerging, we are certainly moving in the right direction.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Great 1st half to the season, taken 5th at this stage. Lets hope we can stay in and around tha play offs & push for top 2. Here is to a hopefully great 2nd half of the season. Merry XMAS to the management, Players & most of all the best FANS in the world. MOT. :D
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Have a great Christmas all Leeds fans, players and management. I'm happy to be in 5th place at Christmas, especially after that dreadful run we had when everything just seemed to go wrong. Credit must be given to all the players and management for turning it around. :clap: I hope we make a couple of QUALITY signings in January. Who knows, that could be the final piece of the puzzle and the catalyst for promotion.