Garry Monk

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Garry Monk

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I'm still in shock that VHTM wanted Steve Evans to stay! :P
Deleted User 1022

Re: Gary Monk

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

John Dane wrote:
rigger wrote:Furry muff.

I didn't expect anyone to agree with me but stand by what I said.
My sincere sympathy, Rigger!

What have Monk ever done to harm LUFC?

He lead us to the best result for years and the new owner “rewarded” him like this: “ No, you cannot have a 3-4 years deal, we will though keep you for one year, just to see, if you do all right, otherwise we find another coach...”
And then we all expect Monk to be loyal to LUFC until the end of his days???

And finally: I don’t understand peoples need to enjoy other peoples misfortune: It’s Christmas, Monk gets fired and we’re laughing our heads off and are having a good time. Call me a sissy, but I don’t subscribe to this type of comments.

A Merry Christmas to all of you - including Gary Monk :wave:
Sorry John, I am a bit of an Ebenezer scrooge when it comes to peoples ego's taking our club for a ride when he had a great opportunity to enhance his career with us. He was liked by so many fans for what he did last year along with his backroom staff. He had the opportunity to stay a further year and create a team in his way and he could have done it. He did give us a renewed hope but there were a lot of things that helped him to achieve that for us. Pep Clotet for one the true brains behind the success. Cellino staying out of footballing matters was a huge part of it too. Monk also played his part and I liked him but John I felt so let down by him as many fans did when he left. Its football I guess nowadays. players leave clubs so easily and managers are following suit. I always felt Monk and Leeds were a great match because we wanted to be back in the Premiership and he wanted to prove a point. Oh well he jumped ship and now he is unemployed. Good riddance to Monk and yes I am not the festive type of person when it comes to people who have been so flippant with their choices.

Merry Christmas to you too John, Hope you have a great one. Your Leeds so I can't be Ebenezer to you. :D
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

I dont really buy into the Monk stuff.

The way we collapsed after having a play-off spot firmly in our grasp did not deserve a fresh long term contract (looking at how he has spent Boro's money since is proof of that).

Radz offered him a 1 year deal because he did not really want him to stay. I felt that was the case at the time and even more so now. The PR following his leaving was clever enough from the club but he was not Radz cup of tea moving forward.

Radz mentioned the way that the season fell apart more or less from day 1 of full ownership and the subsequent hiring of Orta and the transfer activity that followed tells its own story.

I do not wish him any ill at all, unless he is with one of our competitors like Boro :wave:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I'm still in shock that VHTM wanted Steve Evans to stay! :P
There was that many people leaving Helland rd under Cellino i wanted anything to stick. :D
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I'm still in shock that VHTM wanted Steve Evans to stay! :P
There was that many people leaving Helland rd under Cellino i wanted anything to stick. :D
:D