What players in senior squad are good enough to make play of

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What players in senior squad are good enough to make pla

Post by SG90 »

We're signing the LB from Club Brugge, so I think an experienced CM (Charlie Adam/Ben Watson), a winger (Maddison from Posh) and a loan PL striker and we could be good for auto. Saiz will be a big loss, but we coped without him v Hull and Burton, plus he'll be refreshed for the final 14 games.
Shadwell White
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Shadwell White »

swindonwhite wrote:Keeper None
Lb None
Rb Beradi & Ayling
nCb Jansson
Dm Phillips & Vieira
Am Saiz - Alioski & Hernandez
Striker None

I would say 8 at the most & am a bit reluctant to put Ayling & Phillips on this list.
You could probably add Roofe to that and then take off Saiz for the next month or two
SG90

Post by SG90 »

What I don't get is Cibicki was raved over after QPR and Norwich, now he suddenly isn't good enough for League 2. Our fans like to overreact all the time.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

I thought yesterday Cibicki head a poor game that confirmed to me one thing i thought in his previous games. He seems worried to run with the ball, always seeming to try and pass too early, or whipping it into the box from closer to the half way line than byline. I don't doubt his delivery, we've certainly looked better from set pieces with him on the pitch, but would love to see him run the ball a bit more.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

DominanceUK wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:Keeper None
Lb None
Rb Beradi & Ayling
nCb Jansson
Dm Phillips & Vieira
Am Saiz - Alioski & Hernandez
Striker None

I would say 8 at the most & am a bit reluctant to put Ayling & Phillips on this list.
Spot on IMO. Not great is it?!
No to Philips, question mark over Alioski.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

SG90 wrote:What I don't get is Cibicki was raved over after QPR and Norwich, now he suddenly isn't good enough for League 2. Our fans like to overreact all the time.
I think this statement is an overreaction to be fair SG and I do value your opinion.

Cibicki put in a couple of nice crosses against QPR and was no more than alright vs Norwich. I thought he was a bag of wind against Burton next match. Hardly setting games on fire is it?
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

SG90 wrote:What I don't get is Cibicki was raved over after QPR and Norwich, now he suddenly isn't good enough for League 2. Our fans like to overreact all the time.
Cibicki clearly has talent but needs to bulk up muscle-wise in order to play Championship football
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Austin91 wrote:I thought yesterday Cibicki head a poor game that confirmed to me one thing i thought in his previous games. He seems worried to run with the ball, always seeming to try and pass too early, or whipping it into the box from closer to the half way line than byline. I don't doubt his delivery, we've certainly looked better from set pieces with him on the pitch, but would love to see him run the ball a bit more.
Had the exact same thought myself. Wants to take the easy option every time. Him, Grot and Sacko appear to have no self-belief at all, which is making them look like really poor players. Or maybe they just have very limited ability and are simply not up to it. I do know from experience that when you're low on confidence even very basic things can seem difficult.
canadianwhite
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by canadianwhite »

We are only 3 players short of giving promotion a really good go this year. A left back who will start. That would enable Berardi to put pressure on Ayling at right back. I think his form has been dreadful since he signed that new contract.
We need a central midfield player that can dominate midfield. Vieira isn't good enough for a promotion chasing team. Too inconsistent and his passing isn't up to scratch. Too often we are on the back foot cause we cant make simple passes or he tries an ambitious ball that comes off 1 out of 10 times. I'd much more prefer him being loaned out for a season or two to develop and make his mistakes at another club. Phillips just isn't good enough. He's a poor championship player at best. I feel if these two are our midfield for the next few years we won't go up. I know they are home grown and fans love to see academy players progress but I'd rather see the best players play regardless of how they arrived at the club. I think we missed a trick not getting that Welsh boy ledley.
We need a striker that isn't afraid to put his weight around. The 3 we play behind the striker will all contribute goals but what we are lacking is an imposing target man who can hold the ball up and bring others into the game.
If we get these 3 types in then we can pray for no injuries, suspensions and I'd fancy us to go up. A big if that is.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/01/09/ ... ms/362735/

Soom good news at last Laurens De Bock signs