Saiz should be sold now if he's guilty of spitting. Discuss.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Saiz should be sold now if he's guilty of spitting. Discuss.

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I don't see how we can stand by him, can we ??

It's a cultural thing and quite simply the lowest of the low in English football.
Most of you know how anti-racism and pro-Europe I am so this isn't me getting all Farage about it.
I didn't like it when we signed El Hadji Diouf and I don't like it now and I want him out of our club if he is guilty.

Mike Dean has stated categorically that's why he sent him off so let's put him on the market - we'll see an instant profit, probably from Spain where there'll no doubt be a few takers at the lower end of La Liga hoping for some magic to keep them in the division.

What do you think ?
£4m for a quick sale ??

That's money we could reinvest right now.

I don't care one iota that he's our most creative player.
We have to make a stand when one of our own does something this bad ..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Saiz should be sold now if he's guilty of spitting. Disc

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Spitting at another player is disgraceful & he's let the fans & the club down. He's going to be missing for at least 6 games. If he stays future opposition will target him & his short fuse. Sell.
Winner of the Europa League
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Well I think spitting is one of the most disgusting things you can do and he has let us down massively, however we had Lee Bowyer who was convicted of racism, Diouf and Doukara who was banned for biting. Give him a second chance for the rest of the season and if he does it again, out the door.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

I totally agree that this is discrefull - Sell - take Saiz out of the side & you're in a relegation battle - teach him the error of his ways & get behind him & the team. If we did sell how do you know the fee will be re infested in the squad - Wood & Taylors fee never was & we still have no replacements. Me thinks this will be a hornets nest
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Don't be so judgemental, he will be punished if found guilty and that's what we should all abide by. It seemed to me that Saiz was claiming he'd been elbowed in the gob. If true then he's understandably upset and he might well have been goaded straight afterwards. He does seem to have been targeted, even bullied, I'm not condoning spitting at anyone but come on, there looks to be other angles which need consideration before selling him. Sell him or punish him and help him sort himself out? Don't sell him is my answer to that.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I disagree.

It's a fundamental cultural difference between foreign and British players and there's no place for it in our game, in the same way there's no place for monkey chants, nazi salutes, flares, firecrackers, bulls' heads being thrown on to the pitch or chickens being let loose before kick-off.

It's not how we do things here.

I don't want it at my club.

If it had been, say, Antony Martial against a Derby player we'd be up in arms about it, saying he should be sent back to France.
Just because he's one of ours doesn't mean we should turn the other cheek at this kind of behaviour.

I'm really angry about this and feel very strongly we should take a stand.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Phil Hay on Twitter

Breaking - the Football Association has confirmed that Samuel Siaz was sent off for spitting at Newport County & is subject to an automatic six-match ban. Leeds have the right to appeal for wrongful dismissal
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Don't get me wrong, I'm against what he did. However something obviously happened for him to react and he has been targeted all season. He had to be calmed down, that's not the reaction of someone who just spat at someone for no reason. I doubt the referee's report will say anything, so the club should ask him what happened.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

If he's found guilty then I would agree that we need to sell him. As if yesterday wasn't bad enough with the performance and the result. Along with Berardi he's my favourite player but he's badly let the club down and more importantly himself. I can't see the club willing to sell him though and if that's the case then I would like to see a public apology from Saiz himself. Only time will tell.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

These are potentially the 6 games Saiz will miss.

Ipswich Town - away
Millwall - home
Hull City -away
Cardiff City - home
Sheffield United - away
Bristol City - home