The curious case of Yosuke

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The curious case of Yosuke

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The club have announced that Japanese international Yosuke Ideguchi has signed but despite getting the necessary work permit he's going straight out on loan. Surely if he's that a good a player surely he should be playing for us especially as Saiz is out for 6 games. Very strange, unless someone knows something I don't ?
Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The curious case of Yosuke

Post by PockWhite »

Initially I heard that it was a work permit issue that would mean he'd have to be loaned out?
If that's been resolved then I'm confused anorl? :crazy:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

PockWhite wrote:Initially I heard that it was a work permit issue that would mean he'd have to be loaned out?
If that's been resolved then I'm confused anorl? :crazy:
As you say there was an initial problem with getting a work permit but then the FA granted it, well that's my understanding
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I've mentioned this/asked before, could it be something to do with FFP rules? Lending a player out or buying for the Development Squad has different rules concerning financial fair play?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Maybe they're making sure he gets match fit and then will be brought back, that sounds too odd to me though, he's clearly a good player and good enough for our level (?)
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just seen a video clip of him on Facebook and he looks just what we need. Awful moustache though ;)
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

No idea as I thought it was because of the work permit. I think he'd walk into our midfield atm, so it's odd.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I've mentioned this/asked before, could it be something to do with FFP rules? Lending a player out or buying for the Development Squad has different rules concerning financial fair play?
We shouldn't be anywhere near ffp to be honest, having sold more than we spent and we haven't overspent last year either. The ground doesn't count to ffp either
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Aren't the club missing a trick here ? We all know the Asian marketplace can generate bucket fulls of cash & as he will be in the Japanese World Cup team the merchandising chances are huge. Isn't the team he's going to a Spanish 2nd division ? Given the number of times we are on Sky surely he would be more high profile at Leeds.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

As initially there was a problem with his visa I can only assume the deal was done with Cultural Leonesa and the club might feel it wrongly to pull out of it. I also think the club should explain why he isn't challenging for a place at Ipswich. I have to agree it's as my old dad used to say " it's a rum do "