The curious case of Yosuke

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: The curious case of Yosuke

Post by kk white »

ChilwellWhite wrote:As initially there was a problem with his visa I can only assume the deal was done with Cultural Leonesa and the club might feel it wrongly to pull out of it...
I'd say this has a lot to do with it. Currently Cultural Leonesa are only 2 points above relegation, so I doubt they would be willing to shorten his loan later in the year.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Reading these facts, from the official site, it makes it even more bizarre that he is not pushing for the first team....

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... e-ideguchi
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Perhaps it's a case of keeping your powder dry ready for next season's push for promotion. Remember the plan was never to go up this year. Perhaps Radz and TC think that if we go up this season it will be too soon and we will come straight back down - a flash in the pan as it were. Yosuke certainly sounds like the type of player we need, though.
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

ChilwellWhite wrote:As initially there was a problem with his visa I can only assume the deal was done with Cultural Leonesa and the club might feel it wrongly to pull out of it. I also think the club should explain why he isn't challenging for a place at Ipswich. I have to agree it's as my old dad used to say " it's a rum do "
Should we be worried what Leonesa think is right or wrong? They sent Buoy back to us who was supposed to be on a season long loan after playing him twice in 4 months. If the lad isn't to play for Leeds immediately (and I accept there is a very good case he should be), then we should send him to a lower Championship team or top half League 1 side which will prepare him better for the Championship than the bottom of the Spanish second division. It certainly hasnt done Marcus Antonnson or Lewie Coyle any harm.
I would think we are not getting the full picture of this transfer, and every chance there are side deals with Aspire Academy in Qatar etc. which may be why he is heading to Spain.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Leonesa are in 18th in the Segunda Division in Spain and are on 23 points, 11 points behind 6th and 17 points from top.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Isn't getting game time in Spain what the Hecks going on
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Sniffer wrote:Perhaps it's a case of keeping your powder dry ready for next season's push for promotion. Remember the plan was never to go up this year. Perhaps Radz and TC think that if we go up this season it will be too soon and we will come straight back down - a flash in the pan as it were. Yosuke certainly sounds like the type of player we need, though.
We had a plan not to go up this year :shock:
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Dubleeds wrote:
Sniffer wrote:Perhaps it's a case of keeping your powder dry ready for next season's push for promotion. Remember the plan was never to go up this year. Perhaps Radz and TC think that if we go up this season it will be too soon and we will come straight back down - a flash in the pan as it were. Yosuke certainly sounds like the type of player we need, though.
You have to say, it's working pretty well so far! :|
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The title of this thread sounds like a Sherlock Holmes mystery!
I once played against Don Revie.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Dubleeds wrote:
Haha. Not quite what I meant. I worded it badly. :D