The curious case of Yosuke

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The curious case of Yosuke

Post by +15 »

He started on Sunday in the 3-2 loss to 4th placed team. Played first half.
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Some other curious decisions at the January Transfer window.

Lewis Coyle left at Fleetwood even though Aylings injury left us short in the FB area.

Lonergan almost leaving for Sunderland which would have meant Huffer and Peacock Farrrell as the back up keepers. Not exactly top class cover
for Felix if her got injured or lost form.

Halme signed from Finnish side has first team experience at CB but not good enough to be on bench when Shaughnessy, Cooper and Beradi all were unavailable.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

gilesdriveby wrote:Some other curious decisions at the January Transfer window.

Lonergan almost leaving for Sunderland which would have meant Huffer and Peacock Farrrell as the back up keepers. Not exactly top class cover
for Felix if her got injured or lost form. Finding it first would be good.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Davycc wrote:

:lolno: :lolno: :clap:
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Davycc wrote:

I was going to say exactly the same thing! You need to have form to lose it....and Felix hasn't had any, he's bloody awful. I've not seen a less commanding keeper in Leeds colours for a long time. I'm sure there's plenty of better keepers in L1 and 2.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

sgt_pooly wrote:
Davycc wrote:

I was going to say exactly the same thing! You need to have form to lose it....and Felix hasn't had any, he's bloody awful. I've not seen a less commanding keeper in Leeds colours for a long time. I'm sure there's plenty of better keepers in L1 and 2.
Erm, Silvestri? Rachubka? Lonergan himself had a dire game against Brentford remember.

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Felix. His distribution has definitely helped us this season, he's made some game-changing saves, and as somebody (I think Rigger) said elsewhere on here, European keepers often struggle with the lack of protection they get from British refs when facing crowded 6-yard areas. Agree that we need reasonabley experienced backup, but I've got more faith in Wiedwald than I ever did in Silvestri. Rob Green was commanding in the box, yes, but his distribution and kicking generally were dire.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Leonickroberts wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Erm, Silvestri? Rachubka? Lonergan himself had a dire game against Brentford remember.

I think everyone's being a bit harsh on Felix. His distribution has definitely helped us this season, he's made some game-changing saves, and as somebody (I think Rigger) said elsewhere on here, European keepers often struggle with the lack of protection they get from British refs when facing crowded 6-yard areas. Agree that we need reasonabley experienced backup, but I've got more faith in Wiedwald than I ever did in Silvestri. Rob Green was commanding in the box, yes, but his distribution and kicking generally were dire.
Felix was to blame for the first goal but the whole team looked clueless with the long throw-ins which led to both goals. I have to say though, I couldn't defend his feeble effort with that goal, it was horrendous. I don't think he was that bad for main of the game and he wasn't the only one looking v weak in that first half.
sgt_pooly

Post by sgt_pooly »

Can't agree lads, he's the worst keeper I've seen for us for a long time. He has zero presence in the box and I shudder every time a cross comes in (it's usually followed by a goal).
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

sgt_pooly wrote:Can't agree lads, he's the worst keeper I've seen for us for a long time. He has zero presence in the box and I shudder every time a cross comes in (it's usually followed by a goal).
Yet he's had a clean sheet in 50% of his league games, maybe those sides didn't muster a single cross between them. :shock:

Not denying he's made a few mistakes (cant think of too many Championship goalkeepers that don't) and doesn't always fill you with confidence but suggesting virtually every cross leads to a goal is a little bit of an exaggeration.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CrisPeacock

Post by CrisPeacock »

I don't understand how can you defend him, he's clearly not good enough to play for Leeds United and no matter how many goals we conceded and how many shots he "stopped" he should leave the club asap for our good, he is just WEAK, perhaps he's physically fit (although I can't see it) but we need a real leader in our goal, he's not and never will be.
PML is also not good enough for Leeds United but I love his passion, he is really hard working to play for us, Felix is just useless.
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015