The curious case of Yosuke

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The curious case of Yosuke

Post by Selby White »

CrisPeacock wrote:I don't understand how can you defend him, he's clearly not good enough to play for Leeds United and no matter how many goals we conceded and how many shots he "stopped" he should leave the club asap for our good, he is just WEAK, perhaps he's physically fit (although I can't see it) but we need a real leader in our goal, he's not and never will be.
PML is also not good enough for Leeds United but I love his passion, he is really hard working to play for us, Felix is just useless.
Read again I wasn't defending his mistake, I agreed he makes them, was just pointing out saying every cross doesn't lead to a goal.
Exaggeration or fscts, i tend to go for the latter.
And that's not saying we can't get better.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
CrisPeacock
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CrisPeacock »

Selby White wrote:
CrisPeacock wrote:I don't understand how can you defend him, he's clearly not good enough to play for Leeds United and no matter how many goals we conceded and how many shots he "stopped" he should leave the club asap for our good, he is just WEAK, perhaps he's physically fit (although I can't see it) but we need a real leader in our goal, he's not and never will be.
PML is also not good enough for Leeds United but I love his passion, he is really hard working to play for us, Felix is just useless.
Read again I wasn't defending his mistake, I agreed he makes them, was just pointing out saying every cross doesn't lead to a goal.
Did I quote you? ;) that was addressed to all who defend him, there is no way he will be #1 in our team if we talk about the promotion.
LUFCTALK Prediction League Winner 2014-2015
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

CrisPeacock wrote:
Selby White wrote:
Did I quote you? ;) that was addressed to all who defend him, there is no way he will be #1 in our team if we talk about the promotion.
Easy mistake to make, your comment came straight after Selby's, I must admit I thought you were replying to him directly initially :)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

CrisPeacock wrote:
Selby White wrote:
No problem as ANS says it immediately followed my post so I assumed it was directed at that.
For the record I agree we need to look at a new goalkeeper for next season but I will still get behind Felix or any other player) while they wear our shirt.
sgt_pooly
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by sgt_pooly »

Selby White wrote:
sgt_pooly wrote:Can't agree lads, he's the worst keeper I've seen for us for a long time. He has zero presence in the box and I shudder every time a cross comes in (it's usually followed by a goal).
Yet he's had a clean sheet in 50% of his league games, maybe those sides didn't muster a single cross between them. :shock:

Not denying he's made a few mistakes (cant think of too many Championship goalkeepers that don't) and doesn't always fill you with confidence but suggesting virtually every cross leads to a goal is a little bit of an exaggeration.
I didn't suggest "every cross" lead to a goal, I said it usually did.....which was of course very tongue in cheek.

Either way, he doesn't dominate his area and this is resulting in the centre backs having to mop the area up. We look like we could concede every time a decent cross comes in, I really hope Heck can sort this out.

The more I see of Flint, the more I like him and would love to see him in the white. He's be a great partner for Pontus and can really be a rock at the back and a threat at the other end.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

sgt_pooly wrote: I really hope Heck can sort this out.
:thumbup: That says it all to me, it really is up to the manager & coaching team to get the team and players doing the things they like.

Its not easy have coached a football team (only local stuff) and appreciate getting players to do what they do in training in a match is never easy in fact would say frustrating is a good word.
Suppose its a mix of coaching, motivation, tactical awareness & encouragement that really do the trick.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Lack of playing time with Cultural Leonesa has cost him a World Cup spot. A wasted 6 months but if he can't get into a struggling Spanish Division 2 side why the hell did we give him a 4 year contract :wtf:
Winner of the Europa League