New Badge

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New Badge

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Nic wrote:But that does connect it to the club? You could say why do we always play in white, just because an ex-manager wanted to copy real madrid.
The choice of kit/colours isn't the issue here, it's the badge, completely different aspects of the club IMO.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

MyNameIsMark wrote:
Daz5 wrote:No i dont like the peacock , why peacock they will mauled by Tigers N Foxes , nearly as bad as being a canary .
Oh right, so why not use, say, a wolf instead?.....ah, wait a minute.
Another Northern Soul wrote:Peacock is only connected to us because of the old land near the stadium and the two pubs called it, it hasn't got tradition connections really with the city or the football club. That's why I was asking :)
Well, the only thing that connects the smiley to the club is our initials.

That's not really an 'only', it's what I mean, the peacock badge doesn't state it's Leeds or anything about the city or the city crest. I really like some of the new peacock designs, inc on here, but it doesn't instantly shout 'Leeds' as there's no connection, not even the nickname, if you see my meaning.

The club don't want owls as obviously SW are 'the Owls'.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Isn't debate fantastic :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Davycc wrote:Isn't debate fantastic :thumbup:

Could never warm to the present badge, personally, but trying to be neutral I think I prefer it to the one before with the football on it and the white rose.

I'd be happy with WE ARE LEEDS in yellow & blue, and a white rose somewhere included as well as a Smiley :D
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I wouldn't mind using our very first badge for our centenary year. It will then allow the club additional time to consult the fans for a new badge for the following season.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It would need professional finishing as the lettering is a bit shonky but I've been listening to everyone's points and think this might be a decent compromise ..

PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

'shonky'?? :lol:
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

PockWhite wrote:'shonky'?? :lol:
Must be a southern word PockWhite.

I didn't understand it either. :crazy:
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

rigger wrote:It would need professional finishing as the lettering is a bit shonky but I've been listening to everyone's points and think this might be a decent compromise ..

I think there's room to squeeze in the smiley, town hall, a football and a few peacocks ;)
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:It would need professional finishing as the lettering is a bit shonky but I've been listening to everyone's points and think this might be a decent compromise ..

Not really the Yorkshire rose which is akin to a heraldic device. I'd be happy with the Revie era LUFC lettering either in the colours or as was.