New Badge

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: New Badge

Post by Daz5 »

No i dont like the peacock , why peacock they will mauled by Tigers N Foxes , nearly as bad as being a canary .
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

The Peacock and smilie looks great, pulling tradition of older badges in with a modern look. It should also be iconic and uncomplicated enough to be able to be seen at a distance and be instantly recognisable
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Peacock is only connected to us because of the old land near the stadium and the two pubs called it, it hasn't got tradition connections really with the city or the football club. That's why I was asking :)
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

On You tube there is a spoof 'Hitler reacts to the new Leeds badge'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Nic

Post by Nic »

But that does connect it to the club? You could say why do we always play in white, just because an ex-manager wanted to copy real madrid.
Nic

Post by Nic »

johnh wrote:On You tube there is a spoof 'Hitler reacts to the new Leeds badge'.
Is there a photo? This new badge does seem to be getting a great deal of publicity :think:
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Its all to complicated just need the White Rose of Yorkshire and Leeds Utd as thats what it is
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

Daz5 wrote:No i dont like the peacock , why peacock they will mauled by Tigers N Foxes , nearly as bad as being a canary .
Oh right, so why not use, say, a wolf instead?.....ah, wait a minute.
Another Northern Soul wrote:Peacock is only connected to us because of the old land near the stadium and the two pubs called it, it hasn't got tradition connections really with the city or the football club. That's why I was asking :)
Well, the only thing that connects the smiley to the club is our initials. I took past motifs we've used & tried to combine them & come up with something different & iconic. The rose was out of bounds so I left that out. Ideally I'd have combined the rose & the smiley, leaving the peacock out completely.

I must admit, someone a while back said that having "Marching On Together" or "MOT" somehow would be a good thing & I agree. I also think it'd fit with the way I think our owner is thinking. I personally think he's all about looking to the future with all this. Forward thinking. With that in mind my badge is probably pretty useless.
Daz5 wrote:Its all to complicated just need the White Rose of Yorkshire and Leeds Utd as thats what it is
Agreed. I'd sooner go back to the old AFC rose badge than anything else. Maybe just modernise it slightly, if need be. My badge idea is really nothing more than a reaction to that embarrassingly amateurish Gaviscon mash up & I'm very curious to see where things go from here. I wouldn't be surprised to see the rose back on the table, so to speak.
MOT1964

Post by MOT1964 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Why have a peacock?
Daz5 wrote:No i dont like the peacock , why peacock they will mauled by Tigers N Foxes , nearly as bad as being a canary .
rigger wrote:
It was traditional a while back :shock:
Exactly :wtf:

It was our badge from 1981 to 1984 and, unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember it well :(

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2009/0 ... ed-badges/

The 1981 season brought us ‘The Peacock’ badge. Leeds United’s nickname at the time was ‘The Peacocks’ so it was apt that the badge should feature one. The badge was a blue and yellow circle with the clubs name encircling the outside. Within the name was a blue peacock on a yellow background. It wasn’t an overnight hit, but did grow on Leeds fans eventually. It served as the clubs badge from 1981-1984.
Last edited by MOT1964 on 03 Feb 2018, 06:02, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

A simple badge is all I would like to see that has the Yorkshire rose and if the smiley badge replaced the football in the middle of the rose, With the letter LUFC in the same font as the shirt was. colors have to be there that reflect our tradition too. Why is there so much fuss about a badge when all it takes is someone to make a decision who really knows what the fans want. something we all identify with. The smiley and the Yorkshire rose simple as it sounds the decision will be based on revenue brought in from sales of these badges, not the shirt. Its the badge that defines a club not the clothing or the jerseys shorts or boots.