First team choice

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

First team choice

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Given no suspensions or injuries what's our strongest starting eleven ?
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: First team choice

Post by kk white »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Given no suspensions or injuries what's our strongest starting eleven ?
Anyone in a 433 formation.... Ah, they were the days. 2 out and out wingers, big lump of a centre forward being attacked by a centre back and a sweeper as he chased crosses all day....
Sorry NW, that doesn't answer your question.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Given no suspensions or injuries what's our strongest starting eleven ?
If we're sticking to the rigid 4231 so beloved of TC, this is what I'd pick if everyone was available :

With Hernandez on the right Berardi is a better option than Ayling.
Cooper isn't as good as Pennington when the latter is fit.
Ekuban's shown a bit more than Roofe whenever I've seen him play, plus I don't see Kemar as an out-and-out centre-forward but more of a support striker or a wide attacker cutting in from the flanks.

If I was in charge I would go with this myself :

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

No Ayling :roll:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I did explain for the first line-up.
Even for the second, I just think Berardi is in a rich vein of form and deserves to be in ahead of him.
I like Ayling a lot but I want Gaetano in the team because I think we're a better unit with him in it.
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

rigger wrote:

Oh I'm a huge fan of this. Don't think either Roofe or Ekuban are quite up to leading the line, and unfortunately can't see it with Tyler Roberts either - none of the three are a threat in the air, which you want with wide defensive midfielders, but all three are definitely mobile enough to make the most of Saiz and Hernandez' creativity.

Vieira and Forshaw is my preferred two in the middle in the long run.
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
kk white

Post by kk white »

And if each player were playing at the peak of their ability, would Lassoga make it then?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

-------------------Wiedwald
Ayling---Pennington---Jansson---De Bock
---------------------Vieira
-----------Hernandez---Forshaw
Roofe---------Roberts/Ekuban--------Saiz
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Leonickroberts wrote:
rigger wrote:

Oh I'm a huge fan of this. Don't think either Roofe or Ekuban are quite up to leading the line, and unfortunately can't see it with Tyler Roberts either - none of the three are a threat in the air, which you want with wide defensive midfielders, but all three are definitely mobile enough to make the most of Saiz and Hernandez' creativity.

I think, given the style of players (Saiz and Hernandez), the engine room (Forshaw, Vieira, De Bock and Dallas) and a disciplined defence, this formation/team would excel. I really like it but TC won't be having none of that Rigz.. unless you give him a call :)
kk white

Post by kk white »

DominanceUK wrote:
Leonickroberts wrote:
rigger wrote:

I think, given the style of players (Saiz and Hernandez), the engine room (Forshaw, Vieira, De Bock and Dallas) and a disciplined defence, this formation/team would excel. I really like it but TC won't be having none of that Rigz.. unless you give him a call :)
Thats a bloody strong team.... Dare I say, there's not 6 teams a whole lot better than that in this league...!!! Too late now though :(