TC Sacked

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
One Eyed Thompson
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: TC Sacked

Post by One Eyed Thompson »

zigzag wrote:Adam Pope is tweeting a few things from Radz on TC tonight. Radz is sticking the boot in and coming over rather classless.
Agreed. Totally unnecessary to criticise the man. Just adding insult to injury IMO. TC did, at least, give us some hope earlier in the season. What's wrong with the stock "Thank you very much for everything, sorry it didn't work out, wish you well for the future" response?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Reading between the lines, he's got a ready made excuse if we don't get top 6, it's all TC's fault. Even though we were top 6 before everyone decided to get themselves sent off. There are still 48 points to play for and is everyone is back in 2 games, no reason why we can't get top 6. Fulham came from nowhere in February last year and clubs above us will find a sticky patch at some point.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

SG90 wrote:Reading between the lines, he's got a ready made excuse if we don't get top 6, it's all TC's fault. Even though we were top 6 before everyone decided to get themselves sent off. There are still 48 points to play for and is everyone is back in 2 games, no reason why we can't get top 6. Fulham came from nowhere in February last year and clubs above us will find a sticky patch at some point.
Agree and always hopefull but think it's a big ask, PH needs to produce a miracle to change a few attitudes.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Selby White wrote:
SG90 wrote:Reading between the lines, he's got a ready made excuse if we don't get top 6, it's all TC's fault. Even though we were top 6 before everyone decided to get themselves sent off. There are still 48 points to play for and is everyone is back in 2 games, no reason why we can't get top 6. Fulham came from nowhere in February last year and clubs above us will find a sticky patch at some point.
Agree and always hopefull but think it's a big ask, PH needs to produce a miracle to change a few attitudes.
Probably need about 10 wins for top 6. Unlikely PH will be the one to inspire that with 8 wins from 50. Still think if we'd hired a no nonsense winner we could get the playoffs.
kk white

Post by kk white »

SG90 wrote:...Probably need about 10 wins for top 6...
Amazing that it is still a possibility considering the 2 poor runs we've had.
I genuinely think that with our full team out (and a little bit more attitude - fully possible for 16 matches) that we could do a Fulham from last season. Admittedly, we will need everything to go our way, but it's happened other clubs before...?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
SG90

Post by SG90 »

kk_white wrote:
I genuinely think that with our full team out (and a little bit more attitude - fully possible for 16 matches) that we could do a Fulham from last season. Admittedly, we will need everything to go our way, but it's happened other clubs before...?
I remember Reading were about 15th at the turn of the year and ended up as champions after winning something like 11 in a row. It just shows the Championship is all about momentum and how you finish.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:
That's my optimistic feelings too, and if that happens, big IF of course, then Radrizzani's decision would prove to be superb. Much as I respected TC, it was obvious those players weren't producing the goods anymore, with or without the sendings off.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

I am always optimistic myself and I do believe that our current crop of players need to wake up and smell the roses. There are some good players at the club but somehow when one person falls they fall together as a team. The reason for me is simple, we have had no outright leader in the team that can basically pull someone aside and give them a right good rollicking on and off the pitch like a Roy Keane (sorry to say his name on here) I have been crying out for at least one of those kinds of players for years with attitude and the never ending desire to succeed with loyalty to the club. Keane I know was controversial in and out of the Ireland side but they were a far better team with him in it than without. Its the final piece of the puzzle for us. Once you get that one good leader you can then search for another leader to also do similar rants to players who are under performing. The reason for the huge success of the Revie side is because we had a team full of leaders and hard men who were never afraid to have a word with each other. The issue with managers these days is that they are spineless also. That in itself flows to the players. We can say what we want about blue nose Fergie but he had the respect of his players whether it was through fear or whatever else. he managed to take some average players and make them into a team of never say die win at all costs attitudes. Tc didn't have the voice for a team manager in my opinion, he was too softly spoken. call me a traditionalist but a manager needs to be as hard as nails with his players. Sadly they are few and far between nowadays. Players are too pampered and are soft whiners underneath all the false bravado they show. Pontus is the only player I believe to have a little bit of mental toughness in him but he is at the back all the time. A real leader should be central to all the play, again that is my own view. If PH does have the drive to succeed he must catch these pampered overpaid players (had to edit the original word I typed out) :silent: and show them what real men can do and give them the attitude of being winners instead of also rans every week.
Leicester White
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Leicester White »

I think you've hit nails on the head here... Pontus out of our first choice 11 should be captain, I believe he'd respond well to the responsibility. One thing with PH is he's not likeable... I agree to be a successful manager, you need that Edge - Fergie had it, Wilko had it, etc, Pep's got it, Mouriniho's got it, etc. Even Wagner and I can't stand him, but over-riding of course is, I want to see my team doing well. I think there's a chance, albeit PH would not have been my pick.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Do we think Heck will change captains ? Never fully understood letting the players have the power to choose who was to be captain.
Winner of the Europa League