New manager - What are the expectations?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: New manager - What are the expectations?

Post by Deleted User 728 »

saintjimmy wrote:
This could work you know .
Overall, I'm feeling quite positive about the appointment having seen how he's gone about his business in the first couple of days.
No nonsense, straight in to it without any time off between jobs.
Turns up in a suit to address the players in their initial meeting before donning the tracksuit to take training later that morning.
It's all about setting standards when you start a new job as a manager and he seems very professional in his words and his actions.

I'm really hopeful of a new manager bounce this weekend :thumbup:
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

rigger wrote:
saintjimmy wrote:
Overall, I'm feeling quite positive about the appointment having seen how he's gone about his business in the first couple of days.
No nonsense, straight in to it without any time off between jobs.
Turns up in a suit to address the players in their initial meeting before donning the tracksuit to take training later that morning.
It's all about setting standards when you start a new job as a manager and he seems very professional in his words and his actions.

Me too , I think what I was getting at too was we’ve had coaches from over seas that work with DoF’s but they don’t know the league and try and approach it like Ollie Reed on a bucking Bronco after 12 pints , it just doesn’t work.

We can but hope Rigger :thumbup:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
saintjimmy wrote:

Me too but a bit worried about our shortage of defenders with injuries and suspensions.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

saintjimmy wrote: try and approach it like Ollie Reed on a bucking Bronco after 12 pints , it just doesn’t work.
You've followed my career quite closely, haven't you ? :D
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

rigger wrote:I still want to know what your response is to my point about you knowing what all Leeds fans think though.

Or are you going to ignore that too ??
OK What I mean by that - Being a Leeds fan is no walk in the park - many more downs than ups - more lows than highs - but its been like that for 26 years & all Leeds fans (in my opinion) will agree with that - its like glass full or glass empty that's what I feel Leeds supporters feel - not half a glass full or happy or sad - no middle ground & that's what Leeds fans feel In my opinion like winning or losing - (who likes drawing) & Leeds don't draw that often. Does that make sense - will read it back twice
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I'll admit apart from the Hock every manager that we have had & there's been plenty I've backed from the start. Heck again can count on my support. Just out of interest those that aren't happy with his appointment who would you rather have come to the club as head coach ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

swindonwhite wrote:OK What I mean by that - Being a Leeds fan is no walk in the park - many more downs than ups - more lows than highs - but its been like that for 26 years & all Leeds fans (in my opinion) will agree with that - its like glass full or glass empty that's what I feel Leeds supporters feel - not half a glass full or happy or sad - no middle ground & that's what Leeds fans feel In my opinion like winning or losing - (who likes drawing) & Leeds don't draw that often. Does that make sense - will read it back twice
No, I'm afraid it doesn't make sense to me.

As I explained in my reply earlier, not many things in life are black and white in my experience.

Just about every club on the planet has a history with almost no glory in it.
Most supporters around the world feel little joy, which is why every victory counts and even a hard-fought draw - even a nil-nil - can leave you elated at times. Hardly anyone outside the top clubs win any actual silverware, so it's generally a "low" being any kind of supporter and yet I know many fans who have a curious, almost celebratory way of dealing with that.
The point is you don't follow a club for glory - you follow it because you're from that place or for family reasons not because you want to win every week.

That doesn't mean we kick the dog every week because our glass is half empty and we feel like the turkey on Boxing Day : cold and ripped up for sandwiches, I'm guessing :wtf:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think everything thing as been said that needs to be said so its time to Lock the thread.

I've started a new one "Paul Heckingbottom" so we can get back on subject.

Swindon, please note Rigger and a few others have tried to point out things to you, please take onboard, disagreements are fine confrontational posts are not.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:I'll admit apart from the Hock every manager that we have had & there's been plenty I've backed from the start. Heck again can count on my support. Just out of interest those that aren't happy with his appointment who would you rather have come to the club as head coach ?
I wouldn't have changed it myself, but of those available Wolf, as he's handled the pressure of a demanding club and fan base, Silva if only until the summer or dare I say it, someone like Roy Keane who'd have got them fired up from the off.