New manager - What are the expectations?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: New manager - What are the expectations?

Post by swindonwhite »

No way did I surprised we did not mention our fan base that's all. He can grovel to that lot behind closed doors
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

swindonwhite wrote:No way did I surprised we did not mention our fan base that's all. He can grovel to that lot behind closed doors
Give it a rest will you? We know some aren't impressed by the appointment but do you really think anyone wants to read fans slagging him off and accusing him of stuff before he's even started? What good does slagging him off for 'grovelling' do anyone?
docwhite13
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by docwhite13 »

Its at the stage were I dont really mind who comes in as long as he can get the team looking the sum of their parts. Personally dont think we've got a top 6 side but playing well and grafting might just give them s sniff of it.
We have to remember that others (Preston, Brentford, Norwich etc) all think the same. Whether he likes the fanbase or not is irrelevant at this point. If he does well everything will take care of itself. Lets let him just get on with it for the next few games.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:No way did I surprised we did not mention our fan base that's all. He can grovel to that lot behind closed doors
Give it a rest will you? We know some aren't impressed by the appointment but do you really think anyone wants to read fans slagging him off and accusing him of stuff before he's even started? What good does slagging him off for 'grovelling' do anyone?
I am not the only fan on this or any forum - not happy with this appointment but it is only me that you few always signal out to have a go at bullying - but fine I will not broach the subject again - one last thing - did you know that Barnsley are the only team behind Leeds on currant form (one win in last 16) if you are all happy with that then fine I will not broach the subject again - strange that for a fans forum you do not sanction different views from you're views. would have thought that some members would have given me some support - seems to me that yes men/woman are a requirement for more than the the head coach - that's all I will say on the subjects - come on leeds lets start the season again with a with a win at Sheffield Utd. MOT ps can I use capitals on MOT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Swindon, I've refrained from getting too involved until now but it seems to me that sometimes you deliberately post a rather more extreme "view" (to use your own word?) than others in order to get a reaction.

Either that or you're trying to goad others into some sort of demonstration of support for you in what you perceive is a campaign of bullying. That last word is the reason I'm posting this now : nobody on this forum is bullying you. You're having disagreements because you're an argumentative sod who likes to push peoples' buttons by going OTT in your rants whether by what you say or simply the use of the upper-case.
Your sarcasm on that last point in the post above proves to me that you're doing what I'm saying too, by the way.

Not one Leeds fan in here or out in the real world is happy with our form.
How could they be ?
You are directly inferring that we all must be happy with it in your post above.
That's an insult right there so please stop, wind your neck in and THINK BEFORE POSTING.

There, a fine example of when to utilise capital letters on a forum.

Read this message twice and think on.
Nobody's out to get you but if you constantly behave like a knobber WUM, you will get pulled up for it.

Consider yourself pulled up.
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

I have no idea why caps is wrong or what pulled up means. i said the subject was now closed & now you're poking you're nose in. I am sorry that my ambitions are higher than most & that's just the way I am - do you not think the forum (or life in general) would be boring if everybody thought the same.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

swindonwhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
I am not the only fan on this or any forum - not happy with this appointment but it is only me that you few always signal out to have a go at bullying - but fine I will not broach the subject again - one last thing - did you know that Barnsley are the only team behind Leeds on currant form (one win in last 16) if you are all happy with that then fine I will not broach the subject again - strange that for a fans forum you do not sanction different views from you're views. would have thought that some members would have given me some support - seems to me that yes men/woman are a requirement for more than the the head coach - that's all I will say on the subjects - come on leeds lets start the season again with a with a win at Sheffield Utd. MOT ps can I use capitals on MOT
Nah, you're slagging off a new manager and accusing him of being a groveller to the owners/his new employers. That's bang out of order and you know it is, as is claiming to be being bullied while almost always 'calling out' anyone on this fair-minded forum who you think is disagreeing with you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

swindonwhite wrote:I have no idea why caps is wrong or what pulled up means. i said the subject was now closed & now you're poking you're nose in. I am sorry that my ambitions are higher than most & that's just the way I am - do you not think the forum (or life in general) would be boring if everybody thought the same.
Caps is wrong because it's the equivalent of shouting, as you well know. That's why nobody does it online or in texts or emails.
Don't pretend to be stupid because I know you're not.

The subject is not closed - this is an open forum and people are free to bring up anything that's still available to view so nothing is ever "closed" no matter what you or anyone else says ...

I'm poking my nose in because I'm a mod and you're being highly provocative as I explained very carefully in my post.
I suggested you read it twice for a reason.

Your ambitions for the club are not higher than most other people's - again, I explained that quite clearly as well.
Yes, life would be boring if we all thought the same but not half as boring as it is trying to get through to you.

MAYBE IF I SHOUT YOU'LL UNDERSTAND ME BETTER ??
STOP BEHAVING LIKE A WUM.
STOP ACTING SUPERIOR AND "MORE OF A FAN" THAN THE REST OF US.
DROP THE PERSECUTION COMPLEX.

Did that work ? :yawn:
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Swindon, I am not having a go at you when I say this, Try to think about what you are going to say before saying it, we all are entitled to our opinions and trust me when I first came to this forum I had a few minor baronies with some of my own outlandish opinions. Thankfully I wasn't pulled up. I simply had to think about how I thrust my personal thoughts and feelings in writing. I wasn't used to being involved with forums and giving opinions at the time, The guys mean no harm and you are welcome to share your views here like all of us. Just take a step back when you want to voice something and then orchestrate your opinions with more structure to them so that Rigger and ANS don't pull you up. They are good lads with a lot of time and effort invested to this forum and they care about it not becoming a forum like another Leeds forum I won't mention. We keep our opinions civil as best as we can. No one is bullying you and if I thought they were I would certainly be no longer a member of the forum. The caps thing is that when you use caps it denoted shouting your opinion and like in real life when you shout no one hears what you are saying. Keep the chin up and I look forward to seeing more posts from you and you are right to post your opinions, but remember its not what you say that matters its how you say it.

best regards

CW
swindonwhite

Post by swindonwhite »

So much for closing this subject. Please tell me why I cannot have an opinion about our head coach & saying that he is a puppet to AR/ORTA I am not the first person to make these comments - please go through the TC is sacked thread & then explainto me why I am the only person (pulled up) for it. I so wanted use caps then.
You're right I am far from stupid & Leeds fans in my opinion are all equal & are the most loyal fans in the world - All I want is a team that we supporters deserve.