New manager - What are the expectations?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: New manager - What are the expectations?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

swindonwhite wrote:So much for closing this subject. Please tell me why I cannot have an opinion about our head coach & saying that he is a puppet to AR/ORTA I am not the first person to make these comments - please go through the TC is sacked thread & then explainto me why I am the only person (pulled up) for it. I so wanted use caps then.
You're right I am far from stupid & Leeds fans in my opinion are all equal & are the most loyal fans in the world - All I want is a team that we supporters deserve.
If you could try and stop being a victim and face up to the facts that your opinions are not the big issue, it is much more that you have disrespected and insultingly described the new Leeds manager as well as frequently deriding fellow fans. It's offensive & antagonising to slag off and accuse a Leeds manager who has been in the job for 2 whole days, it's also inappropriate to say the least to call him a groveller and yes man, you do not know anything about him or the relationship he has with his new bosses. You're apparently looking for an argument virtually all the time and find it near irresistible to insult people on here, be it mods or more importantly other posters.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

CorkWhite wrote:Swindon, I am not having a go at you when I say this, Try to think about what you are going to say before saying it, we all are entitled to our opinions and trust me when I first came to this forum I had a few minor baronies with some of my own outlandish opinions. Thankfully I wasn't pulled up. I simply had to think about how I thrust my personal thoughts and feelings in writing. I wasn't used to being involved with forums and giving opinions at the time, The guys mean no harm and you are welcome to share your views here like all of us. Just take a step back when you want to voice something and then orchestrate your opinions with more structure to them so that Rigger and ANS don't pull you up. They are good lads with a lot of time and effort invested to this forum and they care about it not becoming a forum like another Leeds forum I won't mention. We keep our opinions civil as best as we can. No one is bullying you and if I thought they were I would certainly be no longer a member of the forum. The caps thing is that when you use caps it denoted shouting your opinion and like in real life when you shout no one hears what you are saying. Keep the chin up and I look forward to seeing more posts from you and you are right to post your opinions, but remember its not what you say that matters its how you say it.

best regards

CW
I'm liking this post. yes I have looked at other forums & yes the members are much higher but I could never condone the foul mouth thugs that fill there posts I do moan when things are not going our (not mine) way but do not swear or get personal - thing is I am either as happy as child on Christmas eve or as miserable as a turkey on boxing day - never any middle ground not just for me but all Leeds fans - I sometimes curse my Chelsea supporting uncle when in 1970 as an 8 year old I asked him that I hoped his team lost the FA CUP so I asked him who they were playing & I would chear for them - the rest is history but I sometimes I wonder what life would be like if it were Liverpool/ Arsenal in the the final - my 3 sons never tire at that story & also curse the day - or should I say my 3 Leeds utd fans boys - but as all In this forum will understand once a Leeds always a Leeds fan - that we will agree with - cannot believe its been 48 years - & my dear late uncle had the winning ticket - no change there then.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

swindonwhite wrote: So much for closing this subject.
I explained that already. Read my post AGAIN.

swindonwhite wrote:
Please tell me why I cannot have an opinion about our head coach & saying that he is a puppet to AR/ORTA
You have an opinion by being a member in here and posting at all - that's what a discussion forum is for. The clue's in the title.
Nobody is trying to deny you from expressing yourself, believe me. We just want you to respect others when you do so.

swindonwhite wrote: I am not the first person to make these comments - please go through the TC is sacked thread & then explain to me why I am the only person (pulled up) for it.
I'm not going to do that. It's bad enough having to format this very reply without having to waste any more of my time explaining all of this to you .. yet again.

swindonwhite wrote:I so wanted use caps then.
So glad you resisted - well done :thumbup:

swindonwhite wrote:You're right I am far from stupid & Leeds fans in my opinion are all equal & are the most loyal fans in the world - All I want is a team that we supporters deserve.
That's patently not "all you want". It is my considered opinion - which I am allowed to express here, given this is a discussion forum - that you want the following :
- You want attention
- You want to provoke a reaction when you post
- You want people to bite
- You then want to be able to play the victim card when people get annoyed/bored/sick of your provocative rants

You've already said you were going to leave this forum because you felt you were being bullied.
I've tried my best to explain that this is not the case, along with the help of other mods and - most importantly - other forum members.
You are now painfully close to being banned because you're wasting everybody's time with this crap.

We are being as transparent about all this as we possibly can.
You can read the rules and ethos of the forum in full here : http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24

If you cannot abide by these guidelines, the moral code of the site, the advice and observations given by both the mods and the users of this forum I would humbly suggest you take your opinions elsewhere.

And I mean that most sincerely.
We're trying to help you, believe it or not.
Deleted User 728

swindonwhite wrote: ... thing is I am either as happy as child on Christmas eve or as miserable as a turkey on boxing day
- never any middle ground not just for me but all Leeds fans
There.
You've nailed it.

That's the problem right there.

You talk about the mods imposing a viewpoint on everyone and censuring those who fail to toe the line but you state categorically here and now what ALL LEEDS FANS feel like ??

What are you then ?
The Thought Police ??
You're such a hypocrite.

I don't have black and white feelings about many things, let alone my football club.
Shades of grey exist everywhere.
There's two sides to every story.
Never judge a book by its cover.
Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes.

There's plenty of people out there right now feeling a bit "meh" about the sacking of TC and the appointment of Heck.
It's our TENTH manager in six years.

After Hock, Rosler, Evans and Milanic I doubt many of us are feeling that bad .. we're just numb, just waiting to see how the latest captain fares in trying to steady this ever-rolling ship of ours.

You're really getting on my wick now.
Seriously, get a grip man.
48 years a Leeds fan ? That makes you 51 - the same age as me.
It's time to stop acting like a child.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

ou're really getting on my wick now.

Maths clearly not you're strong point
Deleted User 728

swindonwhite wrote:ou're really getting on my wick now.

Maths clearly not you're strong point
Oh ?
Didn't I read your post accurately enough for you ??
Must be catching, that ..

Well done, mate.

You obviously do read everything I post but just choose to ignore most of it ..
Deleted User 728

I still want to know what your response is to my point about you knowing what all Leeds fans think though.

Or are you going to ignore that too ??
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Even by the law of averages we are due a good manager/coach so lets hope its PH.

I wouldnt also be surprised if he is sacked after 9 months depending on how the results go.

AR has also said he wont pay over inflated prices for average british players, which leaves us with the route he has gone down so far.

As for the DOF it very rarely works in this country and Orta is doing his best to prove it aint working at Leeds in my view.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Am I right in thinking PH is our first British coach to admit he prefers working with a DoF?, seems like he just wants to coach and is more than happy with that but I think he’s also the sort to say make sure you give me the right players though, or at least I would like to think he would .

This could work you know .

MOT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Like most, I’m a bit underwhelmed by the appointment, but having watched his interview, clips of him taking his first training session, ordering the players around, telling them where to be, to press, to chase, in other words, being a boss, then some of the players might be getting a wake up call very soon.

The fella has done what most lower league managers would have done, and taken the opportunity to manage Leeds United Football Club. He will get my full support :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.