Paul Heckingbottom

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Forshaw is potentially a future captain for me
Absolute no brainier for me, O’Kane today though.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

I hope he cracks down on any stupid indiscipline..

If Cooper continues to do stupid stuff, or fails to prevent other players from being stupid, I hope he gets stripped of the captaincy.

Problem with him is that his own self-discipline is poor, so how can he lead by example.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

whiteinfrance wrote:I hope he cracks down on any stupid indiscipline..

Nail on head has cost us a lot of points this season :thumbup:

First thing to put right for me.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
WedgeLegend
Giddy Kipper

Paul Heckingbottom

Post by WedgeLegend »

Hi fellow Leeds fans, thought I would give my own views on this appointment: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

any feedback would be greatly appreciated! What are your opinions on Heckingbottom?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Here's some feedback : don't come in here spamming us with your blog.

Introduce yourself and ask permission first.
Jazz My Funk
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Jazz My Funk »

I like him already. This man is a proper coach and I think he will get us promoted next season. I just have this feeling he could be the one for us. I could not listen to TC, found him dull in interviews. PH is interesting, for me he seems like he really has a clear identity and that will enable us to push for promotion. I think you will be seeing a few Brits coming into the club over the summer.

You heard it hear 1st, promotion next season :clap:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Jazz My Funk wrote: You heard it hear 1st, promotion next season :clap:
That's what I like - a bit of positivity :clap:
woollywhite
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by woollywhite »

Jazz My Funk wrote:I like him already. This man is a proper coach and I think he will get us promoted next season. I just have this feeling he could be the one for us. I could not listen to TC, found him dull in interviews. PH is interesting, for me he seems like he really has a clear identity and that will enable us to push for promotion. I think you will be seeing a few Brits coming into the club over the summer.

You heard it hear 1st, promotion next season :clap:
I agree with this... good post....
NO news is good news
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

Not to rain on your parade, but it will take a bit more than a head coach with a clear identity and that sounds interesting in interviews to move us from mid table also rans to being promoted next season. As is the case every season, there will be many other clubs with more successful managers than Paul Heckingbottom, with bigger and better quality squads than Leeds, who will rightly be the teams most likely in line for promotion. We are seeing this year, as is the case most years, the quality rises to the top in the second half of the season. Maybe we will assemble a squad in the summer to challenge them, I hope we do, but it will require more than relying on Paul Heckingbottoms genius which is yet to be proven.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

dangermouse wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but it will take a bit more than a head coach with a clear identity and that sounds interesting in interviews to move us from mid table also rans to being promoted next season. As is the case every season, there will be many other clubs with more successful managers than Paul Heckingbottom, with bigger and better quality squads than Leeds, who will rightly be the teams most likely in line for promotion. We are seeing this year, as is the case most years, the quality rises to the top in the second half of the season. Maybe we will assemble a squad in the summer to challenge them, I hope we do, but it will require more than relying on Paul Heckingbottoms genius which is yet to be proven.
Throughout our history, our successful managers have accomplished something on individual basis and that is to bring out the very best of certain players. If Heckingbottom can get the best out of this squad then I think we've a strong chance of success. Probably too late this season but we shall see.