Paul Heckingbottom

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Paul Heckingbottom

Post by DominanceUK »

Quite disappointed tbh, I was hoping PH would come in and change that as it clearly hasn't worked, is he too afraid to change it or is it a case of getting to know the players first? I've thought about it prior to jumping in and typing away (which is a first for me!) and I'm going with the latter. Performances are far more important than the captaincy at this moment in time - roll on to the team sheet and more importantly the match to see if there is a change of attitude.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I would expect anyone coming to a new situation, to examine what went wrong first. If you just move all of the pieces for the sake of it, then you have no starting point.
swindonwhite
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by swindonwhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
swindonwhite wrote:Just made his 1st clanger in sticking with Cooper as captain Ali gave out for the season remains vice captain. Joke decontamination am disappointed.
Sorry, what, decontamination?
A new swear word I just invented.
:lol:
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

For me the biggest loss this season has been Bartley as a player & a leader. As a fan AR must even recognise that.
Amen to that. I only saw the team play a few times, but Bartley stood out by a mile as having a vast positive influence on the game, a real leader and very Leeds United, if you know what I mean.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Frankie wrote:I would expect anyone coming to a new situation, to examine what went wrong first. If you just move all of the pieces for the sake of it, then you have no starting point.
:clap: :clap:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

The modern day role of team captain is being overstated and also there are people looking to criticise the new boss for any old reason.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

I would evaluate it in the summer as it clearly needs changing, perhaps it might end up being a summer recruit, who knows.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

DominanceUK wrote:I would evaluate it in the summer as it clearly needs changing, perhaps it might end up being a summer recruit, who knows.
That makes a lot of sense, suspect PH hasn't got to know the players well enough to make a decision of who is best suited to the role.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Emley White
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by Emley White »

What is severely lacking in this squad is leadership on the field. Apart from the huddle in the middle at the start I just don't see it. Cooper doesn't show it for me and there aren't any other candidates showing it either. I'm sure PH will be able to assess this in due course so we'll see what happens in the captain department over the coming weeks. What's important today and thereafter is the performance and ultimately result. I want to see a change from what I've witnessed recently on the field. Fingers and legs crossed today.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Forshaw is potentially a future captain for me
Winner of the Europa League