Favourite season

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Favourite season

Post by NottinghamWhite »

90 miles a hour wrote: What a memory you must have been following me as I did a lot of that season remember hampden park went with my grandfather he had brothers that lived in Glasgow and were rangers fans but loved Leeds because of all the Scottish players can still remember all packed in the ground and king billy scoring that GOAL it's seems like yesterday
(Well reading you season report brings it all back) thank you
But my best season was 1973/74 as I never missed a game home or away which was regarded by all your mate's as a true fan :D
We were champion that season as well fantastic times :clap:
They were truly halcyon days, we will never see the likes again. Yes I remember Billy's goal after I had stopped cheering I looked at the 1000's of Celtic fans staring at us, I'll not apologise but I was crapping myself :D It was a unforgettable night watched by a massive partizan crowd. I also remember going back to my OP begging the boss everyday for any overtime that was going to pay for my 'habit' :D

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Football fans back in the 70's raved about George Best but I still think Eddie was as good on his day. The one player however I did rate was Jimmy Jinky Johnson what a brilliant player he was. I'm sure in Scotland he got the recognition he deserved but I never felt he received the accolades here in England he deserved. Other great players of that Celtic team were Billy McNeill, Bobby Lennox, Tommy Gemmell, Bobby Murdoch & Bertie Auld, makes you wonder whatever happened to Scottish football.

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Looking at the Celtic game didn't we have Harvey, Billy, Lash and Eddie Gray so the full Scottish national team on show that night.
90 miles a hour
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by 90 miles a hour »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
90 miles a hour wrote: What a memory you must have been following me as I did a lot of that season remember hampden park went with my grandfather he had brothers that lived in Glasgow and were rangers fans but loved Leeds because of all the Scottish players can still remember all packed in the ground and king billy scoring that GOAL it's seems like yesterday
(Well reading you season report brings it all back) thank you
But my best season was 1973/74 as I never missed a game home or away which was regarded by all your mate's as a true fan :D
We were champion that season as well fantastic times :clap:
They were truly halcyon days, we will never see the likes again. Yes I remember Billy's goal after I had stopped cheering I looked at the 1000's of Celtic fans staring at us, I'll not apologise but I was crapping myself :D It was a unforgettable night watched by a massive partizan crowd. I also remember going back to my OP begging the boss everyday for any overtime that was going to pay for my 'habit' :D

I was ok I had my grandad and his brothers round me :D
Now my mate's sons will take the Mickey when we're having a beer
(Tell us about the old days they will say :roll: )
They will never know :clap:
Thank God for YouTube
I'm getting old :D
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Football fans back in the 70's raved about George Best but I still think Eddie was as good on his day. The one player however I did rate was Jimmy Jinky Johnson what a brilliant player he was. I'm sure in Scotland he got the recognition he deserved but I never felt he received the accolades here in England he deserved. Other great players of that Celtic team were Billy McNeill, Bobby Lennox, Tommy Gemmell, Bobby Murdoch & Bertie Auld, makes you wonder whatever happened to Scottish football.

Celtic had Jimmy Johnstone and Rangers had Willie Henderson on the right and Willie Johnston on the left in the 60s & 70s when wingers were ten a penny and Scotland were blessed with 2 or 3 if you want to count Peter Lorimer as a right winger of the best wingers of those times.

Unfortunately kids stopped playing football in the street and thats why we have lost the art of wing play.

I grew up a mile and half from Parkhead as we could see the floodlights from Springboig just to the east of Parkhead and that game is why I think I started supporting Leeds United.

Never really like the old firm and my 1st game was at Broomfield in Airdrie where my mums parents stayed and we visited them every weekend as Dad was working in the centre of Glasgow on saturdays.

In 1973 we moved to Forfar and so commenced 40 years of watching the Loons then in 2013 I had the chance to finally visit ER and have never looked back as this is my 5th season with a season ticket and have even moved down to Heckmondwike to work.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Looking at the Celtic game didn't we have Harvey, Billy, Lash and Eddie Gray so the full Scottish national team on show that night.
Leeds Scots

Just need a right back & centre half - dare we ask Bobby Collins to fill in at RB?

Harvey

xxx xxx McQueen F Gray

Strachan McAllister Bremner E Gray

Lorimer Jordan

Subs GK D Stewart, A Graham

ManagerJock Stein asst George Graham :)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Kenny Burns at centre-half, surely ??
Deleted User 728

Jimmy Dunn at right back too : 443 appearances for us between 1947-59.
Deleted User 728

ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

rigger wrote:Image
Brilliant :)