Surely not

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Surely not

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Is the real reason Shteve was at last weeks game ?

Winner of the Europa League
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Re: Surely not

Post by Daz5 »

He carnt get a manager job at a club so he is going to buy a club
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

McClaren is definately a Leeds fan from his younger days, that maybe the reason for been at a match, great for the media and their stories.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Well he will have plenty of money from all the times his contracts have been paid up.

Heard last time he was seen he was studying the in and outs of ownership and not necessarily with us ( hope not anyway).
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Anything is possible at Leeds United, never expect the unexpected :roll:

Edit to say.

If you click through to the story though it say McClaren is fronting a consortium, he was watching a Leeds game, but Leeds aren't available, but other Championship clubs are. So even despite the clickbait headline it says there isn't a story.

Maybe he wanted to talk to Radz about buying a club. Maybe he likes coming to Elland Road. Who knows. Nothing else to see though.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

"McClaren, 56, has been given orders to find the right outfit and has been scouring for a suitable target since leaving Maccabi Tel Aviv.
He gained experience at top clubs including Manchester United before stepping into the hot seat at Derby County and Middlesbrough.
However, McClaren has already planned for the future and wants an upstairs role at a club — but this time it could be with people he brings in to provide finance.
He has been spotted at Leeds United but the owners are not in the market to sell — although several Championship outfits could be bought.
And sources close to him say his buyers have “serious cash”, although their identity and country of origin is a closely-guarded secret.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

saintjimmy wrote:Well he will have plenty of money from all the times his contracts have been paid up.

Heard last time he was seen he was studying the in and outs of ownership and not necessarily with us ( hope not anyway).
Exactly! It's amazing how lucrative being, not very good at your job, can be in this country! :roll:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

If he's a Leeds fan, I think we should welcome the prospect.
We can't judge him on what he's achieved as a manager because that's comparing two entirely different endeavours and hardly fair on the man.

I actually think he's been harshly thought of in that respect anyway - he was a fine coach and did a superb job with Boro and wasn't as bad as many think with his other jobs. If anything, he was perhaps up against Fergie given the apprenticeship he served under the man and nobody could hope to come out shining if that's the yardstick.

Anyway, like I said, if he's a Leeds fan this could be welcome news.
It'll put pressure on AR to up his game for one, but also McClaren has done a considerable amount of networking in both working and researching the game abroad (while on sabbatical) not to mention the kudos of being England manager and all the contacts he would've made form that.

I can't see any downside to this, I really can't ..
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to become DOF should Orta depart.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

I obviously haven't seen his finances, but I suspect he's nowhere near the billions it takes these days? If he wants to come in as a 50% partner and pump 50 million into the club for transfers, I wouldn't be complaining.