Ronaldo Vieira

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Ronaldo Vieira

Post by NottinghamWhite »

According to CIES football observatory RV named 3rd best teenage prospect in England behind Tom Davies of Everton & Ryan Sessegon of Fulham. Gianluigi Donnarumma of Milan is the best prospect in Europe where RV is rated 20th. High praise indeed.

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ronaldo Vieira

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I wonder how much we will sell him for ?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sounds about right going by how he's rated in FM too - they use similar scouting networks and stats.
Deleted User 728

Funnily enough, in my current save of FM17, it's next season and we're back in the EPL.
He's a fairly regular starter for me even though he's still 20 I think.
He was itching for a move before Xmas and spoke to me about a possible move to Spain.
In the end, Malaga came in for him in January and I sold him for £14m rising to £19.5m with clauses.

There's no point keeping anyone who doesn't wanna play for you anymore, just like in real life.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Watching the U23's I can't help but think how alike his brother is to him. I wouldn't be surprised as the season goes on in seeing the 2 of them together bossing our midfield.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

It does make you wonder what he's doing wrong in training doesn't it? It took TC a while to blood him this season, and now it would seem he once again as slipped behind O'Kane & Phillips. Maybe now he his fully rested we will see him at Derby.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Has he got something like tendonitis in his knees, I don't think I dreamt that?

Probably been said on here before too that Romario is expected to be better than his brother :D
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

rigger wrote:Sounds about right going by how he's rated in FM too - they use similar scouting networks and stats.

Out of curiosity, What's his passing stats Rigger? I think he is a decent prospect but gives away possession too cheaply after doing well to win the tackle.

Haven't played that game since my kids came along, but wondered what Viera would be sitting at, as they are very realistic with their stats.
Deleted User 728

I think his passing is about 12/13 and vision more or less the same but don't quote me without booting up the game and taking a screenshot :)

It's on my laptop so I'll do that but it won't be till tomorrow, mate - busy this evening so I won't be on it.

I think his technique is decent too - again, around the same mark which is pretty impressive for a 20 year-old. That particular trait works as a kind of multiplier in the software so anyone with 15+ in technique should be considerably better all round as a player than most in the game and he's not far off that now.

My main reason for bringing it up is I know his potential is extremely high.
These are hidden stats that determine how far "up the ladder" the players in the database can go. You can't see them unless you use the editor, but there are always a couple of hundred players earmarked for great things with a handful moving to the elite level. I think he's around the top of the hundreds, if that makes sense ?
I read somewhere that he's in the top 20 wonder kids anyway ..

(all this is for FM2017 - I've stopped buying each new version as it takes me a while to give up my old save and to get into the new game every time, so why not wait and get it half price around easter ?)
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

Thanks. Don't worry about booting up the comp to check. I was just curious.

When I played those manager games ( think it was the LMA game) there were always wonderkids that you could end up selling for the highest level, which I think was 32million. The stats seemed very accurate. When I stopped playing it, years later the wonderkids were making it big in real life.( if only I could manage in real life :) )

I've often though Vieira was in that mould, but I do think he needs to develop his passing. The rest is there for him to kick on and progress.