Stat Attack - Championship Goalkeepers

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Stat Attack - Championship Goalkeepers

Post by dlw10 »

I've said many times that Felix is no good. He is no good and the sooner we get shut the better, Lonergan is said to be poor because of one mishap in the lights at Brentford, we should never have dropped him for that. He has balls, presence, strength, confidence, a voice, Felix has none. End of.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Can't believe Felix is even been discussed as a good keeper or not. The team is in a state of fear for corners, crosses, etc. I'm sure he's a very nice guy but honestly move on. Damage has been done now and season is over, so let him carry on for next 13 games to prove he has some use then.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Dubleeds wrote:Can't believe Felix is even been discussed as a good keeper or not. The team is in a state of fear for corners, crosses, etc. I'm sure he's a very nice guy but honestly move on. Damage has been done now and season is over, so let him carry on for next 13 games to prove he has some use then.
Every position is up for debate, the plan is to produce a number of statistic threads to generate healthy debate on the forum.

What about some of our other Championship goalkeepers ?

Who is everyone's favourite ?

Green the stand out for me (although started a bit iffy), shame he decided to wind down for retirement ?
He also played behind our strongest defence with Pontus and Bartley in tandem.

Right who is going to stick up for Rachuba ?
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Does anyone else still have an aversion to Jack Butland after his less than impressive spell with us ??
He had Toblerone feet and was generally rubbish whenever I saw him so I really can't see why everyone raves about him.

I'd have Pickford for England right now and I'd take either Burnley keeper (whoever's in possession come the World Cup because they're both great) and I'd still take Joe Hart, mainly for the dressing room influence, to Russia in the summer.

As for others for us .. Schmeichel was the only one who stood out other than Green.

Given how everyone is against Wiedwald I think we'll see a change for the next match.
I'm sure it'll be Lonners but I can't help wonder how good BPF and Will Huffer are, plus that young Polish lad.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Pickford is definitely the stand out gk for England.
I agree with Selby. Leave Felix in goal for the rest of the season. Lonergan has shown not to be much better. He's shown glimpses of being good enough but as a goalkeeper you have no time to adjust. Every error is costly.
Green was quality last season. A big loss this year. Kasper Schmeichel, Paddy Kenny and Neil Sullivan were our only other decent keepers for mine since relegation from the premiership.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

I find the deification of Green quite odd, he was initially pretty shaky himself and played behind a very solid and consistent defence last season, unlike Felix. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan but given the disruption in front of him it can't have been easy for him to adapt.

As for confidence, if I had that eejit Cooper in front of me every game I'd lack in confidence too. Cooper for me is by far the weakest link in our defence, he is not a starting CB (let alone captain) of a Championship team who have any designs of promotion.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Karolkarol wrote:I find the deification of Green quite odd, he was initially pretty shaky himself and played behind a very solid and consistent defence last season, unlike Felix. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan but given the disruption in front of him it can't have been easy for him to adapt.

As for confidence, if I had that eejit Cooper in front of me every game I'd lack in confidence too. Cooper for me is by far the weakest link in our defence, he is not a starting CB (let alone captain) of a Championship team who have any designs of promotion.
Green was a popular choice of scapegoat after his poor game at QPR but he wasn't playing behind a solid defence just by luck, he helped to MAKE it a solid defence with his strong communication and authority with the defenders. Anyone near to his goal in the crowd probably had ringing-ear syndrome due to Green shouting so much at his defence.

Green wanted to leave, it's a shame but it's the truth, and we clearly haven't adequately replaced him. i don't think FW was to blame for either Derby goal though.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Karolkarol wrote:I find the deification of Green quite odd, he was initially pretty shaky himself and played behind a very solid and consistent defence last season, unlike Felix. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan but given the disruption in front of him it can't have been easy for him to adapt.

Green was a popular choice of scapegoat after his poor game at QPR but he wasn't playing behind a solid defence just by luck, he helped to MAKE it a solid defence with his strong communication and authority with the defenders. Anyone near to his goal in the crowd probably had ringing-ear syndrome due to Green shouting so much at his defence.

Green wanted to leave, it's a shame but it's the truth, and we clearly haven't adequately replaced him. i don't think FW was to blame for either Derby goal though.
He was indirectly to blame for the 2nd though.

No shout to Cooper (who still skewed the ball out for a corner) gave away the corner that they scored from. Felix could have just claimed that ball with a simple and clear shout. Coopers reaction and stare at Felix said it all.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rss1969 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

He was indirectly to blame for the 2nd though.

No shout to Cooper (who still skewed the ball out for a corner) gave away the corner that they scored from. Felix could have just claimed that ball with a simple and clear shout. Coopers reaction and stare at Felix said it all.
Also the header behind from Forshaw when all Felix had to was shout and come and collect the ball.

Forshaw glared at him as he stood on the goal line.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Still not to blame directly for the goals, I am not defending him, just saying. Lack of chat and courage were Silvestri's main weaknesses too, and covering his near post.