Whelan has a go at Orta

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Whelan has a go at Orta

Post by isrodger »

Whealan is spot on .... all his signings bar Saiz, alioski, Forshaw, possibly Ekuban and lassoga, are questionable at best. Wiedwald manages to cause panic in our defence week in week out. Even Silvestri had half a dozen MOM performances for us. Pennington is not strong enough... I could go on, probably best summed up with one word GROT! Can’t understand the Green and bridcutt disposals.

Summer we need a keeper, centre back, left back, winger, and centre forward.... same as we did last year. Stockdale, Bartly, Snodgrass, & Hughill would have been my picks, and they would have been affordable had Orta not signed a plethora of Pooh. Hopefully heckingbottom will advise radzinni to dispose of his guvnor. He’s also right about the kids coming in. If they are not knocking on the door of this first team at 19/20, then they are not going to be good enough to play for us in 2 years time if we get promoted.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

isrodger wrote:Whealan is spot on .... all his signings bar Saiz, alioski, Forshaw, possibly Ekuban and lassoga, are questionable at best. Wiedwald manages to cause panic in our defence week in week out. Even Silvestri had half a dozen MOM performances for us. Pennington is not strong enough... I could go on, probably best summed up with one word GROT! Can’t understand the Green and bridcutt disposals.

Summer we need a keeper, centre back, left back, winger, and centre forward.... same as we did last year. Stockdale, Bartly, Snodgrass, & Hughill would have been my picks, and they would have been affordable had Orta not signed a plethora of Pooh. Hopefully heckingbottom will advise radzinni to dispose of his guvnor. He’s also right about the kids coming in. If they are not knocking on the door of this first team at 19/20, then they are not going to be good enough to play for us in 2 years time if we get promoted.
I think we all have our own opinions on the signings and would agree some are far better than others but I think the Green move has been explained several times that it was his decision to move on.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Perhaps I should not have identified certain players in my post to Aaron, as they are just a selection, but just said 4/5 successes out of 15/16 is poor in my opinion.

As for Orta making the signings, whenever TC was asked questions about transfers he would say “you’ll have to ask Victor”. I’m sure it’s not Orta alone, but he certainly identifies players he feels will fit into the Championship.

Anyway, it’s the much heralded Q&A tomorrow so we might get some clarification.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

In fact "Green leaves Leeds"

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

Aaron wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:
Aaron wrote:Do we know for certain that is Orta is making all of the signings? Genuine question as I haven't ever seen it confirmed, just speculation. If so, I think Saiz, Forshaw, De Boch, Lassoga etc aren't bad signings at all.
Yes, Saiz, Forshaw and Lassoga have been good signings, The jury is out for me on De Bock.

What about the likes of Wiedwald, Anita, Cibicki, Klich and Grot etc. Arguably, some have not had the chances, but out of the 15/16 signings we have made, 4/5 successes is not great.
That is the point. Who has confirmed it's Orta pulling the strings?
Orta is our DOF.

If the signings are not down to him then he needs sacking on that basis alone!

Even if he has not identified some of the players signed, it is HIS job to assess them prior to the club signing them.
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Davycc wrote:
isrodger wrote:Whealan is spot on .... all his signings bar Saiz, alioski, Forshaw, possibly Ekuban and lassoga, are questionable at best. Wiedwald manages to cause panic in our defence week in week out. Even Silvestri had half a dozen MOM performances for us. Pennington is not strong enough... I could go on, probably best summed up with one word GROT! Can’t understand the Green and bridcutt disposals.

I think we all have our own opinions on the signings and would agree some are far better than others but I think the Green move has been explained several times that it was his decision to move on.

My take on this is it does not really matter that much about Green being moved on. It was the clubs job to source his replacement (which they did prior to him leaving) and this has not been done to the same standard. We are supposed to replace players with better ones surely? Weidewald gives the collywobbles to the whole back four and never opens his gob unless we have conceded a goal. The looks and chats from Forshaw, Cooper & berardi to name just a few recently tell you everything.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Davycc wrote:

Green wouldn’t have wanted to leave if we hadn’t recruited his substandard replacement. Imagine playing second fiddle to that clown! The decision to drop him was totally unjustified. Whilst radz is clearly hands off on the football side, even as a fan he must of known our defence last season was the one area that if retained was good enough to be attain the stated objective of a top 6 finish. Whilst he didn’t concede many in the first few games Wiedwald look terribly dodgy.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

isrodger wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Green wouldn’t have wanted to leave if we hadn’t recruited his substandard replacement. Imagine playing second fiddle to that clown! The decision to drop him was totally unjustified. Whilst radz is clearly hands off on the football side, even as a fan he must of known our defence last season was the one area that if retained was good enough to be attain the stated objective of a top 6 finish. Whilst he didn’t concede many in the first few games Wiedwald look terribly dodgy.
Green's decision to move was all down to Orta, we've dropped a clanger with Felix, we need to accept it and bring in another GK in the summer - it's that simple in my eyes.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

DominanceUK wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Davycc wrote:

Green's decision to move was all down to Orta, we've dropped a clanger with Felix, we need to accept it and bring in another GK in the summer - it's that simple in my eyes.
I'm hoping Rigger is right and Felix comes good before long as at least we could put that money to other positions in the summer. However I have my doubts as well and can see someone being brought in come the break.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Davycc wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
isrodger wrote:
Davycc wrote:

I'm hoping Rigger is right and Felix comes good before long as at least we could put that money to other positions in the summer. However I have my doubts as well and can see someone being brought in come the break.
He's useless, he offers no confidence to the defence. If we have aspirations of promotion (next season) then we need a decent GK and he isn't it.