Whelan has a go at Orta

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Whelan has a go at Orta

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Yet another clean sheet with him in goal though :D Just leaving that little stink bomb right there for you all to enjoy :P
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Yet another clean sheet with him in goal though :D Just leaving that little stink bomb right there for you all to enjoy :P
That will happen if you have nothing to do though, ANS :)
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Ricardo Da Lepp »

DominanceUK wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:Yet another clean sheet with him in goal though :D Just leaving that little stink bomb right there for you all to enjoy :P
I thought he had a few saves to make yesterday.

Brentford had 13 shots, 3 on target and the BBC report says he made a fine save from one of those efforts.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

DominanceUK wrote:
But that is not the case yesterday, TBF.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
1 shot, waist high, I'd be wanting my GK to save that all day long. It came from 20 yards or so, so he had plenty of time to get him'sen ready for it, IMO.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
1 shot, waist high, I'd be wanting my GK to save that all day long. It came from 20 yards or so, so he had plenty of time to get him'sen ready for it, IMO.
One shot or ten, you said 'nothing to do' which isn't right. He made a great save in the first half, maybe DLW will agree as he will have had an even better view of it than me, even if it was a save you'd expect from a professional keeper it was still at the least a good stop. Let it go, I'm not defending him needlessly :D
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

EDIT - Didn't mean to post, ignore this.
Last edited by Aaron on 25 Feb 2018, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

DominanceUK wrote:
DominanceUK wrote:
One shot or ten, you said 'nothing to do' which isn't right. He made a great save in the first half, maybe DLW will agree as he will have had an even better view of it than me, even if it was a save you'd expect from a professional keeper it was still at the least a good stop. Let it go, I'm not defending him needlessly :D
I was merely saying that I would want any GK, at any level, to make that save. Bread and butter for him tbh.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

DominanceUK wrote:
I was merely saying that I would want any GK, at any level, to make that save. Bread and butter for him tbh.
"Butter" slippery as! Not something a keeper would want to have to deal with every day.....

Just saying like

:crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
rss1969

Post by rss1969 »

Question for you ONS:

Do you think that Weidewald is a goalkeeper who could chase promotion with us next season, or do you feel we will need better?