Klich

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Doc333
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Klich

Post by Doc333 »

I'm new here but guess much has been said about the Klich fiasco, but wondering what the consensus is. Having Polish family I was well aware of who Klich was and when I found out we were chasing him I was made up. It took a few weeks to get the deal over the line because he was wanted by 3 top German outfits, his club Twente didnt want to sell him and 2 more top Dutch sides wanted him. He arrived and was touted as the first of some blue chip signings, but got injured in pre season and then vanished. Many were saying there was a problem between him and Tommy, but because Tommy was doing a great job nobody questioned him. Klich was selected to play against Burnley and was hailed as being a massive player on the night by Noel Whelan and in the media. Klich wasnt used again. The wheels start to come off and still Klich not used except in cup games where you could see he was peed off. We all know what happened then but when he got to Utrecht, Klich was interviewed and refused to slag the club off and said he wanted to return to show what he can do. When Tommy was sacked Klich said in the press that he was glad as he blamed TC for keeping him out and unfit. Even when everyone could see we had problems in the middle with O'Kane, Phillips, Viera TC persisted .....

Klich is so unfit because of the way training was done at TA that his first 3 games for Utrecht he was on the bench. He then started showing the Dutch what he was about and since arriving has been involved in 3 draws and 4 back to back wins taking Utrecht above Feyernoord into 4th. Klich has a couple of MOM awards, laid on a great goal against Roda last week and got himself put into the leagues team of the week. Yesterday another outstanding performance sees him subbed on 90 mins to a standing ovation. Leeds got to see Klich perform once and I hope he goes on to play for Poland in the World Cup this Summer.

Wonder why Tommy didnt like him? Klich wont say but obviously knows. Klich was brought in by Orta before Tommy arrived so was it because he wasnt Tommys player? Hope PH is keeping tabs on him
Deleted User 728

Re: Klich

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey Doc, welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Classy first post !

It's an odd one, isn't it ?
I guess sometimes two people don't get on for whatever reason and whoever's in charge usually wins in the short term.
I know I've been in situations where that's been the case both as the boss and as the underling, so you could say it's human nature but when it's a football club there's an element of a manager cutting his nose off to spite his face if he's refusing to use a superior employee to those around him.

Dallas is a case in point right now, given he's rarely been played so much and for so long by all our head coaches before Heck.

The good news is he's our player permanently and as I also said in another post, I hope he goes to the World Cup and plays well for Poland because we could have a proper player on our hands :)
Doc333

Post by Doc333 »

Thanks, I get that about workmates/managers not getting on but I dont know any manager in any walk of life who would screw a job up on purpose. Never mind the wages Klich would be on lets say £12,000 a week which is £624,000 per year for doing ziltch. So if Klich is deemed as good enough to play a leading role in the Dutch Premier League, why is he not good enough to play in the UKs second tier league. I know some fans have said the Dutch league is worse than the Scots Prem but really? Really? Ajax, Twente, Feyenoord, PSV and more..... from what I’ve seen Klich should have been the first name on the team sheet especially after seeing how bad each of our midfielders have done (DMs) imagine Klich, Forshaw bieng a big part.

Dallas rejected and I even wanted Sacko gone but PH sees a role for him that has worked, so players who were rejected are now getting a chance. Tommy seems to have a lot to answer for
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Doc333 wrote:Thanks, I get that about workmates/managers not getting on but I dont know any manager in any walk of life who would screw a job up on purpose. Never mind the wages Klich would be on lets say £12,000 a week which is £624,000 per year for doing ziltch. So if Klich is deemed as good enough to play a leading role in the Dutch Premier League, why is he not good enough to play in the UKs second tier league. I know some fans have said the Dutch league is worse than the Scots Prem but really? Really? Ajax, Twente, Feyenoord, PSV and more..... from what I’ve seen Klich should have been the first name on the team sheet especially after seeing how bad each of our midfielders have done (DMs) imagine Klich, Forshaw bieng a big part.

Dallas rejected and I even wanted Sacko gone but PH sees a role for him that has worked, so players who were rejected are now getting a chance. Tommy seems to have a lot to answer for
Can't disagree with much of that. From what I saw of him, he looked pretty good even though not fully fit for the rigours of the division. He never really got a chance, but I hope he does in the future. Would mind seeing a midfield with Klich, Ideguchi, Saiz and Foreshaw in it. Difficult to understand why that's not happening now.
Doc333

Post by Doc333 »

Agree with that and could never get my head around Grit Cibicki coming in but not good enough to play in the team. So why were they brought in, when the £2.5m could have been used on a decent striker who was proven. Both Grot & Cibicki featured for the U23s last week but must be rated as better than what we have in that set up but not good enough for the first team?

Ekuban needs to score or he will never make it. He has looked the part but when he came back from his first injury he missed a shed load of chances, but ok nerves. Then he gets the same injury and since coming bcak has put hislef about but not had a chance to score? Is he slower so not getting in the right position. I hope the kid makes it soon or fear the worst.
TezzaWazzaBazza
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by TezzaWazzaBazza »

We needed Klich, such a waste.
Karolkarol
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Karolkarol »

Didn't he get injured pre season? Maybe just always playing catch up fitness-wise in TC's eyes?

Anyway, glad to hear he's doing well in Holland. Hopefully he can still have a future with us.
Doc333

Post by Doc333 »

Karolkarol wrote:Didn't he get injured pre season? Maybe just always playing catch up fitness-wise in TC's eyes?

Anyway, glad to hear he's doing well in Holland. Hopefully he can still have a future with us.
Yeah he got injured but was fit for the start of the season but ignored and it pretty much went that way until we loaned him out to Utrecht.

Last 6 games D-D-W-W-W-W 14 from 18 points and top of the form guide league. Look at where he was to create the first goal against Roda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqXK9NsD4tQ

That performance got him nominated for the Dutch Prem team of the week. He followed that up with another stormer to beat Twente 1-3 away
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Must admit of our summer recruits he was the one I most expected to be in the team.

Why he never really got his chance who knows.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Doc333

Post by Doc333 »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Remember when O’Kane & Phillips were all we had and Tommy never even put Klich on the bench, somwe had no DM and heyho one came off injured. Tommy used Nessy a CB before an International central midfielder?

(Edited due to inappropriate comment, sorry if this 'censoring' upsets anyone. Regards your mods)