Can we all grow up a bit?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Can we all grow up a bit?

Post by Otherworld »

I don't know if it's just me noticing, but many threads these days seem to descend into petty squabbles unrelated to the original topics. If you want to pick a hand-bag fight with someone, why not do it somewhere else, and leave this forum for people who want to talk about Leeds United?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Can we all grow up a bit?

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Otherworld wrote:I don't know if it's just me noticing, but many threads these days seem to descend into petty squabbles unrelated to the original topics. If you want to pick a hand-bag fight with someone, why not do it somewhere else, and leave this forum for people who want to talk about Leeds United?
If I'm to blame then I apologise and take it on board but TBF Otherworld, if someone has a pop at me for no apparent reason then I'm not going to apologise for defending myself.
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Otherworld wrote:I don't know if it's just me noticing, but many threads these days seem to descend into petty squabbles unrelated to the original topics. If you want to pick a hand-bag fight with someone, why not do it somewhere else, and leave this forum for people who want to talk about Leeds United?
If I'm to blame then I apologise and take it on board but TBF Otherworld, if someone has a pop at me for no apparent reason then I'm not going to apologise for defending myself.
It's not aimed at anyone in particular, just a feeling that the atmosphere has changed in recent months. I used to like this place when it felt like I was having a virtual pint with fellow fans in the Peacock. Now, it feels like watching 12 year old girls bitching about eyebrows on instagram. :(
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think there's 15 years of tension coming out in a lot of posts at the moment and I'm certain it's fuelling a lot of the "rubbish player/get rid/not fit to wear the shirt" viewpoints we've been seeing of late.

The fact of the matter is we have always had a selection of players ranging from the journeyman/average pro to the good player for this division (whichever one we were in) right up to real quality and on to world class/club legend.

When you couple that weight of feeling - a whole generation of being out of the top division, remember - and add in the sense of entitlement and instant gratification that comes from living in the current on-demand, social media led world, I guess it's no wonder that we feel like we should have players and a team challenging in Europe again and we should have actually had it yesterday :wtf:

Still, it could be worse .. you should try modding in this environment :shh: :shifty: :wave:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

I genuinely wouldn't know about instagram and girls arguing about eyebrows :D

It is difficult on here as a mod because certain things are said which can't be ignored as it's felt the forum will suffer if they are. Mods then can look too officious or heavy-handed. From a personal POV I will defend anyone if I think they're getting undeserved flak.
Deleted User 728

Heavy-handed ??
You ?? :D :D :D

Perish the thought ..

Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Erm, I think you are the on regarded as the Top Mod on here, Don Riggeroni ;)
Deleted User 728

Is this just a five minute argument or the full half-hour ?? :D
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Yes, *sigh*.

The atmosphere on here ebbs and flows depending on how we are performing as a team. I agree with original poster and wish it was a safe space to come and talk about Leeds without arguments.

We as a community don't have to be like every other forum. We can, and should aspire to something more creative, supporting, and enjoyable.

Sheepy and Bogdan created this site with that ethos in mind, and I do think most of the time we keep it to that standard. So a good timely reminder, let's keep it classy folks.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Deebo wrote:Image

Yes, *sigh*.

The atmosphere on here ebbs and flows depending on how we are performing as a team. I agree with original poster and wish it was a safe space to come and talk about Leeds without arguments.

We as a community don't have to be like every other forum. We can, and should aspire to something more creative, supporting, and enjoyable.

Sheepy and Bogdan created this site with that ethos in mind, and I do think most of the time we keep it to that standard. So a good timely reminder, let's keep it classy folks.
Well said :thumbup: :clap:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.