Orta

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnnysmiles
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Orta

Post by johnnysmiles »

In my 15 years of experience I never signed a player without the okay of the head coach. Never.

This seems a bit rich to me.... correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't pretty much ALL of our summer signings concluded between Monk's resignation and TC's appointment?

And did they not pick a "head coach" (as opposed to a manager) who was at pains to say how "flexible" he was when he got the job?

At the time, I was hoping that meant he was flexible in terms of tactics (in contrast to Monk, but in hindsight, it looks like his flexibility boiled down to: Yes Victor,... if you think x is a good player, I'm sure he is...
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Orta

Post by SiMamu »

No. Only Klich, Gomes, Sacko and Jansson were signed before Christiansen's appointment.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

SiMamu wrote:No. Only Klich, Gomes, Sacko and Jansson were signed before Christiansen's appointment.
Klich was signed after Christiansen's appointment but, as with many of the signings last summer, would have been lined up before TC was appointed.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

MOT1964 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:No. Only Klich, Gomes, Sacko and Jansson were signed before Christiansen's appointment.
Klich was signed after Christiansen's appointment but, as with many of the signings last summer, would have been lined up before TC was appointed.
Ah, yeah, got dates wrong, whoops.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
mmc
Giddy Kipper

Post by mmc »

Boro fan here, just having a nosey before Friday's game and saw this. Not sure whether he's changed since his time with us, but Orta was known to get involved over and above his station and not in a positive way. This article explains most of it far more eloquently than I could - https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/foo ... w-13090744

No idea whether any of this went on as Christiansen started to struggle, but he does have previous.

Best of luck for the season after Friday, thought you lot were a shoo-in for the playoffs earlier in the season.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hey mmc - thanks for the article and for popping in. It's always good to hear from oppo fans ahead of a clash .. well, not always but you know what I mean ;)

Good luck to you too, but only after Friday ..
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Its just a deflection from Orta. It all points to us still looking to pick up bargain basement players from around the world and hoping they come good. I'm sure Hecky and his team could identify lots of talented solid British players, although I suspect they may be too expensive? In saying that, if he could get us another 6 players of Siaz quality then all may be forgiven. Lets wait and see how many of the u23 get promoted for next season. There is plenty to choose from.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

My pal has text me at half time saying Orta is leaving in the summer for Deportivo in Spain.

Hopefully this is true.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:My pal has text me at half time saying Orta is leaving in the summer for Deportivo in Spain.

Hopefully this is true.
There has been a few reports in the press that Orta will be leaving, here’s just one.....

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leed ... er-report/
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Who will be the next scapegoat then?