What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I could have swear i heard someone say they want Colin back? He's doing ok at Cardiff isn't he? He was crap here, but then again, he was coaching a team of Donkeys. And that's been the problem over the years. I will stand buy my opinion on this squad being nowhere near good enough regardless of the league position at Christmas. This squad needs a serious rebuild with some strength & power at the top of the list.

Talking of managers not getting the best out of the squads. I would class both Grayson & Coleman as decent managers, but they have both failed to steady the sinking ship up at Sunderland. Are they suddenly bad managers? Or is it a poor squad? England have had some of the best managers in the world and achieved nothing because the players are not good enough. Or are they? and the managers are all crap?

Lets wait and see what PH does in the summer. And then all his doubters can scream at the top of their voices (just like all the other failures) i told you so. Lets get this idea out of our heads that someone like a in demand Silva is gonna want to come to Leeds and be on a hiding to nothing? Come on folks get real. If we had the money and ambition we would have been promoted 14 years ago.
Great post, mate :clap:
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
birkybullufc wrote:Or would TC have been able to turn things around when Saiz and Co returned from suspension? We'll never know but I saw hope in the Millwall game than I did in anything under Heckingbottom so far.
Not even in the Bristol game?
I watched the highlights over again to see why I didn't have the same feeling. Watching them back i am still shocked Bristol City weren't out of site after an hour. When we levelled things up in felt we'd got away with one there and a big part of that was down to the crowd.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:I think all this talk of where we were on Boxing Day compared to now is a bit disingenuous. PH didn't take over until February when we were already on a bit of a slide. Admittedly nothing has improved yet but it's not fair to blame him for January's slump!
Spot on and as I keep saying, the respective records of TC and PH are in total identical against the same 8 teams PH has overseen - 6 points, 9 goals for and 16 against ! You cannpt compare them in any other way IMO. Let's see where we are come the end of the season - the bloke has still only been with us a mater of five or six weeks! Crazy.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

SG90 wrote:I find the "mid table budget" to be a ready made excuse if we're mid table next season. We've spent more than Brentford, Preston, Millwall, Ipswich, Sheffield Utd this year and probably will next year too. Norwich are screwed financially next year, as are the Wendies. If Fulham and/or Villa don't go up, their parachute payments are over so they'll have to cut costs too. We probably need Boro to go up in terms of finances. West Brom seem like another Sunderland, whoever goes with them doesn't look too daunting either. I see no reason why we can't compete for promotion, we're just looking for excuses.
Villa still get parachute payments next season don't they? They get them for three seasons I think?
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

I thought he came across quite well on Radio Leeds last night & its clearly still early days, the way I read into it, I think he was saying we have good players but maybe not the right players (or enough of them) for the system he wants play, agressive with & without the ball, as an example he said Cardiff play a certain way & have got it spot on with the players they have for that system.
One thing is clear , he has a big job on his hands.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

SG90 wrote:I find the "mid table budget" to be a ready made excuse if we're mid table next season. We've spent more than Brentford, Preston, Millwall, Ipswich, Sheffield Utd this year and probably will next year too. Norwich are screwed financially next year, as are the Wendies. If Fulham and/or Villa don't go up, their parachute payments are over so they'll have to cut costs too. We probably need Boro to go up in terms of finances. West Brom seem like another Sunderland, whoever goes with them doesn't look too daunting either. I see no reason why we can't compete for promotion, we're just looking for excuses.
Reminds me of an old Shankly story (for the Oldies on here) writing off every Man U player one by one before Liverpool played them - and after running down 10 players he came to George Best & then he said, one decent player & if you cant beat 1 player you are a disgrace. :D
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

Interesting article re parachute payments here

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 55976.html
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ilkley62 wrote:
Reminds me of an old Shankly story (for the Oldies on here) writing off every Man U player one by one before Liverpool played them - and after running down 10 players he came to George Best & then he said, one decent player & if you cant beat 1 player you are a disgrace. :D
:D There was one about him criticising Leeds before one of the matches, calling them all number 2s I think, except for Billy Bremner who Shankly liked for obvious reasons. Something like 'Bremner, no bad player'. Loved Shankly, similar to how I loved Ken Dodd, weirdly enough :D
blackbox2342
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by blackbox2342 »

zigzag wrote:Interesting article re parachute payments here

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 55976.html
Really interesting that! Thanks for sharing.

This hits home:
“...Championship clubs with parachute payments are twice as likely to be promoted to the EPL compared to clubs without and considerably less likely to suffer further relegation to League One compared with other clubs in the League.”
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

With Mick McCarthy leaving Ipswich at the end of the season would we be better off ditching PH writing off the £500k compo to Barnsley and going for Mick.

Discuss.....