What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by Another Northern Soul »

birkybullufc wrote:Or would TC have been able to turn things around when Saiz and Co returned from suspension? We'll never know but I saw hope in the Millwall game than I did in anything under Heckingbottom so far.
Not even in the Bristol game?
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

One Eyed Thompson wrote:I'm not going off on a tangent. Talk of being in 4th place 6 weeks before we changed manager is disingenuous. The same players who got us there played poorly after that resulting in us slipping to about 8th at the start of February. No-one's happy that things have not got better since PH took over but fair comparisons can only be made from the start of his reign - when the slide was already well and truly in place.
The 6 league games following boxing day under TC resulted in 4 defeats and 2 draws given a average of 0.33 points per game during that period (I know some like stats).
Add to that the Newport shambles it doesn't make good reading.
Maybe PH on 0.75 points per game is actually an upward curve given the confidence level of the squad he inherited ;)

Bit tongue in cheek this as I'm not a supporter of the sacking of TC but can't change that, now PH is here I'll support him as believe someone somewhere has to be given time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

When I look into the way we have been playing as a team since boxing day, there has been the lack of leadership in the squad. The dressing room must be an eerie place, no one is talking about winning. Pontis will almost certainly be sold in the summer and Saiz will follow him out the door to pastures new. Its the same merry go round garbage that we are fed every year by the owners. They will keep PH for a few months but his dismal points average will almost shine through and he will also be sacked and replaced by some other unknown lower league cheap option like TC. Honestly I really am annoyed at AR for spending so much money on buying the stadium back and leaving very little for the first team affairs.

AR is really the one who needs looking at in the whole scheme of things. The way he got rid of TC was disgusting and how he ridiculed TC in a statement to the fans saying how sorry he was for hiring TC in the first place. I sense there wasn't any professionalism in how he did that. I was resigned to the fact TC was on his last legs before he was sacked and it is after all a results business and if you and your squad of players are not bringing in the desired points then its time to pack the bags and the office. My issue isn't the sacking of TC but the way AR apologized to the fans for hiring TC and then afterwards to hire in truth someone who is just as unknown to most of us, Why oh why are we dredging the bottom of the management barrel? I'm sorry guys but this is no reflection on PH and I am sure he could be a good manager, but in truth I don't believe he will be for us. Cheap option and same old story as Cellino before him. AR needs to do the right thing and spend money on the first team squad but with a tough manager who will make the right impact on the team and most certainly give them a bit of backbone. TC was a mouse to be honest and PH just seems clueless and he admitted he only likes coaching and not doing the day to day aspects of managing which in truth I would Hire a manager to do the job if he cant do it himself.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I find it hard to believe that they've been low on confidence for 14 games. When we beat Burton, we'd won 4 in a row and were looking confident going into the new year that we could push on for automatic. I think something has happened behind the scenes, otherwise it just makes no sense.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The first people to identify that a manager is not hacking it are not the club directors or the fans, it is the players. I think TC lost the respect of the dressing room before Christmas and this resulted in the downwards spiral early in the new year. We had too many players 'going through the motions' which is a clear sign that all is not right behind the scenes. At the time of TC's appointment, I posted on here that he was 'unknown, cheap and available'. It does seem that we haven't learned from our mistake.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:It does seem that we haven't learned from our mistake.
... not for about a decade, John :wtf:
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

johnh wrote:The first people to identify that a manager is not hacking it are not the club directors or the fans, it is the players. I think TC lost the respect of the dressing room before Christmas and this resulted in the downwards spiral early in the new year. We had too many players 'going through the motions' which is a clear sign that all is not right behind the scenes. At the time of TC's appointment, I posted on here that he was 'unknown, cheap and available'. It does seem that we haven't learned from our mistake.
Maybe the players themselves believe that AR is a cheapskate and they are not buying into the whole idea of playing under a cheap model of management, I would personally want to play under a manager who does have some balls if I was a player. That's not saying PH is spineless or TC was either but they don't come across as role models either do they for a player to excel in their careers. Are we now just a stepping stone club or are we a club with a real vision for being Big again?
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

If PH had anything about him he should have told AR that Orta had to go and he would be looking at transfer targets himself.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:If PH had anything about him he should have told AR that Orta had to go and he would be looking at transfer targets himself.

Hmm .. I don't think that's realistic.
I'm sure Orta would've been party to the decision to hire Heck in the first place, given he's the director of football.

If you'd just got a job somewhere would you go over the head of your new line manager to the CEO and tell them to get shot of him ?? :wtf:

As someone else said a while ago, Orta does what he does and Heck - by all accounts - is relieved to be able to concentrate on the coaching side without having to actually run the rest of the club on a day-to-day basis like most classic English manager structures do ...
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:If PH had anything about him he should have told AR that Orta had to go and he would be looking at transfer targets himself.
He wants 3 Barnsley players. I'd rather he didn't.