What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:And we were what, 10th, when TC was sacked?
7 points off playoffs with 48 to play for and Saiz back in 2 games. Boro were one point ahead and Millwall five behind us, now look. You can't seriously believe Millwall have a better team than us? They have Morison up front every game.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SG90 wrote:
7 points off playoffs with 48 to play for and Saiz back in 2 games. Boro were one point ahead and Millwall five behind us, now look. You can't seriously believe Millwall have a better team than us? They have Morison up front every game.
What have Millwall got to do with your slating of Heckingbottom? They have a better performing team than us, you guys who love your stats will know that. I didn't mention Millwall but seeing as you have, I was lucky enough to go to both games and saw them wipe the floor with us with good football.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
SG90 wrote:
What have Millwall got to do with your slating of Heckingbottom? They have a better performing team than us, you guys who love your stats will know that. I didn't mention Millwall but seeing as you have, I was lucky enough to go to both games and saw them wipe the floor with us with good football.
Because Millwall have gained 13 points on us since. Everyone keeps saying the players are rubbish, yet would you swap ours for theirs? If no, then it shows we're massively underachieving than the team being poor.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

The level of obfuscation on here at times would make Putin proud :lol:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

For the record, I wasn't trying to get you to clear off SG .. just to shut up about Heck for ten minutes :D

I'm only ragging you, mate - I love the back and forth in here, even if none of us know what the hell's going on most of the time.

I don't think he's the messiah and wish we'd kept TC because I liked his ethos and still think he was feeling his way in a new country.
Trouble is, we just don't have time for that, do we ??

It's like we can't indulge any manager, any player or any tactics anymore.
We need results yesterday.

There are four ways we'll get out of this division :
1. By somehow managing to recruit a proven manager, paying the going rate for him and backing him in the transfer market
2. By getting very lucky for an entire season in terms of injuries, a good crop of youngsters emerging together, getting the rub of the green on the pitch and everyone else beating each other
3. By being relegated
4. By giving a manager the time he needs to get the job done

Two of those won't happen because they're too improbable, one of them might if we carry on the way we're going and the other one may have to wait until AR either sees the light, gets some investment from elsewhere or sells up and moves on ..
SG90

Post by SG90 »

It's alright, no worries we're all friends here anyway. I've had enough of talking about him too tbh, but I'm just interested why some fans want him in charge next season. I don't think TC is some messiah, but I wouldn't have sacked him either. It's easy to say we had a good start, but we also won 6 out of 8 games from Boro to Burton, the loss v Wolves and a draw v Villa, so it's not like we never won another game after September. My issue is with AR and Kinnear, they panicked, then lied and said we were going for top 6, now are slagging off Wolves and the players, because they can't admit they were wrong.
Deleted User 728

SG90 wrote: ... I'm just interested why some fans want him in charge next season.
I genuinely think you might have misread the situation here, definitely in my own case anyway.
I don't necessarily want him here next season, I just want someone - anyone, as I said before - to be given an entire season, including pre- and a hand in the buying and selling of players.

I cited Bristol City as the example before because that's what they did, but equally Brighton, Burnley and Bournemouth would work just as well.

Maybe we should change our name to Bleeds United ??

:D
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Fair enough, that makes sense. I'm all for giving the manager a chance, but not when their record is this woeful and is taking us down the table at an alarming rate and especially considering his predecessor was sacked for less. I can see that Jansson and Saiz are unhappy given their body language, if they go we're screwed next season. I don't see why we didn't give Silva the 3 years he wanted. He'd have got us up, if not this year, then next.
Deleted User 728

SG90 wrote:Fair enough, that makes sense. I'm all for giving the manager a chance, but not when their record is this woeful and is taking us down the table at an alarming rate and especially considering his predecessor was sacked for less. I can see that Jansson and Saiz are unhappy given their body language, if they go we're screwed next season. I don't see why we didn't give Silva the 3 years he wanted. He'd have got us up, if not this year, then next.

Jansson I think is being passive aggressive in his comments and I don't like it.
A couple of times lately he's been giving it the large one trying to make out he's the only one that cares, almost like he's preparing the fans - who love him so much - for his departure by getting them onside now.
I said before that if he plays a couple of games for Sweden in the World Cup and does okay, we won't be able to keep him.
Saiz I would let go anyway - I don't like his character, no matter how good he is, but that's just me.
I'd rather have a team of Andy Hugheses and languish in mid-table than go up with a team of players like him.
Deleted User 728

Oh, and did you mean Silva the manager ??

Were we anywhere near getting him at any point ? :wtf:

Last week, one of my mates at work said that he hoped Saints would appoint him rather than Mark Hughes but I laughed and said "He wouldn't go to you ! He's holding out for a bigger club while his stock is high".

I couldn't see us attracting him at the moment ..