What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Dubleeds wrote:The level of obfuscation on here at times would make Putin proud :lol:
Who's that aimed at then, mate?
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote:Oh, and did you mean Silva the manager ??

Were we anywhere near getting him at any point ? :wtf:

Last week, one of my mates at work said that he hoped Saints would appoint him rather than Mark Hughes but I laughed and said "He wouldn't go to you ! He's holding out for a bigger club while his stock is high".

I couldn't see us attracting him at the moment ..
The Spanish press were saying he wanted 3 years, but we wouldn't give it to him. Just shows Radz won't give managers a chance then. Tbh I don't see why he wouldn't come. Imagine if you were the one to finally get us up, he'd be regarded as a genius and have his pick of club afterwards. Even if he couldn't get us up, a PL club would come for him anyway.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

TBF SG90 you're quoting the press quite a bit as if what they say is gospel. It often isn't :D
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

SG90 wrote:It's alright, no worries we're all friends here anyway. I've had enough of talking about him too tbh, but I'm just interested why some fans want him in charge next season. I don't think TC is some messiah, but I wouldn't have sacked him either. It's easy to say we had a good start, but we also won 6 out of 8 games from Boro to Burton, the loss v Wolves and a draw v Villa, so it's not like we never won another game after September. My issue is with AR and Kinnear, they panicked, then lied and said we were going for top 6, now are slagging off Wolves and the players, because they can't admit they were wrong.
Agree with all of this. TC offered a lot more in my opinion.
He should have been given the whole season at least. We weren't in danger of relegation. We are in the process of rebuilding.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:The level of obfuscation on here at times would make Putin proud :lol:

Christ you're touchy ANS, it was meant to be humorous. :oops:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Yep, shame it came to him being sacked, seemed a good bloke and ideally he would have been allowed to get a full season in. But he wasn't and we have a new manager now who has a lot to put right. That's it really, not much more to say about it, things needed to change, it's just a shame it was that. IIRC most doubted TC's chances of success and plenty were against him getting the job. The players let him down badly and the owner got some things wrong.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Dubleeds wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:

Christ you're touchy ANS, it was meant to be humorous. :oops:
Was it? Okay then :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Everton are after Silva to take over from fat Sam.
I once played against Don Revie.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

Dubleeds wrote:Courtesy of SG90 on Wendies match thread:
However we were fourth on Boxing Day after we'd played every team in the league
You just can't argue with this fact. This was before we lost Ayling, lost Saiz, Cooper, Beradi to unnecessary suspensions and that short period after Newport was when the wheels came off for TC. Getting rid of him was premature and stupid. We now have a lame duck manager with an appalling win ratio in this division. It defies belief frankly.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

We need results yesterday.

There are four ways we'll get out of this division :
1. By somehow managing to recruit a proven manager, paying the going rate for him and backing him in the transfer market
2. By getting very lucky for an entire season in terms of injuries, a good crop of youngsters emerging together, getting the rub of the green on the pitch and everyone else beating each other
3. By being relegated
4. By giving a manager the time he needs to get the job done

Two of those won't happen because they're too improbable, one of them might if we carry on the way we're going and the other one may have to wait until AR either sees the light, gets some investment from elsewhere or sells up and moves on ..
Spot on & the only way I think the majority will show the patience after all this time is if 1 & 4 are combined