What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by kk white »

rigger wrote:...Jansson... if he plays a couple of games for Sweden in the World Cup and does okay, we won't be able to keep him...
Do we have a catch 22 situation here? If he doesn't play in the World Cup, could he can use it as an excuse that he's not playing at a high enough profile and say that his career is suffering, thus push for a move to the PL/higher foreign league?
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

kk_white wrote:
rigger wrote:...Jansson... if he plays a couple of games for Sweden in the World Cup and does okay, we won't be able to keep him...
Do we have a catch 22 situation here? If he doesn't play in the World Cup, could he can use it as an excuse that he's not playing at a high enough profile and say that his career is suffering, thus push for a move to the PL/higher foreign league?
You're right. Good point.
Like I said previously, he's paving the way to leave in the summer, I'm sure of it.
The way he's painting it like he's the only one who cares grates on me.
I wish he'd just get his head down and do the job and lead by example like Bartley did, rather than all this fist-pumping, sabre-rattling nonsense.
Deleted User 728

Actually, to expand on this a bit further, on Sunday I noticed a couple of Facebook posts from friends down here watching the Saints match saying things like "Hughes has shown more passion in the first half than Pellegrino and Puel put together over two seasons".

I have never understood this bollocks about "passion" in this regard.

There can be passion in just quietly doing the job while everyone else is showing off.
Think of Paul Madeley, Carl Shutt, David Wetherall, Lucas Radebe, Andy Hughes and Rui Marques - none of them were particularly vocal or flamboyant but they all did a fantastic job for the team whenever they were called upon in whatever capacity and whatever position or role they were asked to play. They didn't complain or agitate for a move or look to win the fans over in any other way than never giving less than 100%.

James Milner sums up what a professional football in the modern age should be - he's an outstanding player in many positions, the consummate professional, a great trainer (by all accounts) with a fantastic attitude and is also a really nice, level-headed guy with a sense of humour and - perhaps most importantly - a sense of humility about him.

If we keep producing players like him at the academy, we'll be fine ..
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by rss1969 »

rigger wrote:Actually, to expand on this a bit further, on Sunday I noticed a couple of Facebook posts from friends down here watching the Saints match saying things like "Hughes has shown more passion in the first half than Pellegrino and Puel put together over two seasons".

I have never understood this bollocks about "passion" in this regard.

There can be passion in just quietly doing the job while everyone else is showing off.
Think of Paul Madeley, Carl Shutt, David Wetherall, Lucas Radebe, Andy Hughes and Rui Marques - none of them were particularly vocal or flamboyant but they all did a fantastic job for the team whenever they were called upon in whatever capacity and whatever position or role they were asked to play. They didn't complain or agitate for a move or look to win the fans over in any other way than never giving less than 100%.

James Milner sums up what a professional football in the modern age should be - he's an outstanding player in many positions, the consummate professional, a great trainer (by all accounts) with a fantastic attitude and is also a really nice, level-headed guy with a sense of humour and - perhaps most importantly - a sense of humility about him.

If we keep producing players like him at the academy, we'll be fine ..

No rigs, whoever buys them will be fine!!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Heckingbottom might tell us tomorrow what he is going to do, it is the Leeds United monthly special on Radio Leeds, and it’s an hour long interview with Heckingbottom.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Barlow Boy wrote:Heckingbottom might tell us tomorrow what he is going to do, it is the Leeds United monthly special on Radio Leeds, and it’s an hour long interview with Heckingbottom.
:lol:
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

phil62 wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:Courtesy of SG90 on Wendies match thread:
However we were fourth on Boxing Day after we'd played every team in the league
You just can't argue with this fact. This was before we lost Ayling, lost Saiz, Cooper, Beradi to unnecessary suspensions and that short period after Newport was when the wheels came off for TC. Getting rid of him was premature and stupid. We now have a lame duck manager with an appalling win ratio in this division. It defies belief frankly.
I rarely agree with Phil but this post is agree 100%. :thumbup:
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

birkybullufc wrote:
phil62 wrote:
Dubleeds wrote:Courtesy of SG90 on Wendies match thread:
However we were fourth on Boxing Day after we'd played every team in the league
You just can't argue with this fact. This was before we lost Ayling, lost Saiz, Cooper, Beradi to unnecessary suspensions and that short period after Newport was when the wheels came off for TC. Getting rid of him was premature and stupid. We now have a lame duck manager with an appalling win ratio in this division. It defies belief frankly.
I rarely agree with Phil but this post is agree 100%. :thumbup:
I also agree to what Phil said. Especially with regards to the current head coach who i think we shouldn't have stooped so low to get in. I am so much in favor of supporting a manager but sorry guys i have tried but he isn't and hasn't ticked any of the boxes for me in any shape or form. A huge disappointment in regards to AR's thinking on this one and smells of Cellino to be honest. Cheap option which can be fired in a matter of weeks rather than a long term option.

Growing Tired of Leeds United's decision making lately :thumbdown:
SG90

Post by SG90 »

One thing I really don't like is PH telling the players they're not good enough and they're where they deserve to be. We were never lower than 10th before his arrival and spent months in the top 6, so that is incredibly inaccurate. We've been dragged down to his level.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Just seen Stam's been sacked. He'll be taking over in the summer then. :roll: