What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
rss1969
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by rss1969 »

Dubleeds wrote:Posted in another thread and so just for current state of play:

So that's as follows so far with same group of players:

TC - AVERAGE 1.457 POINTS PER GAME
TH - AVERAGE 0.857 POINTS PER GAME

Over a season with the above (46), that would give TC 67 (around 9/10th) and PH 39 (certain relegation).

Also appreciate that on 7 so far under PH bias towards teams higher up in league, so over the 16 will give us a better idea.
What is it that you are getting at Dubleeds?

We all know that you dont rate PH but he inherited a mess.

There is not one player that he has had any input in bringing to the club and he is trying to impart information and coaching techniques to players that dont seem able to listen. TC had lost the plot big time.

We have not defended properly all season, not battled when it mattered and not created enough chances to win matches.

By now there will be players in the squad who know that they will struggle to play under PH next season. He needs to tinker with players to see who can fit whilst hopefully having a look at some of the youngsters that have been purchased.

Before he had all of the best players sold from under him Barnsley were close to the play-offs last season.

The key is whether the club have sussed that they need more British battler style players and some physicality/spirit in the squad.

I am not saying he is the right fit but TC certainly was not. He needs a good pre-season & his own coaching (of set-pieces especially) influence put into the team before we can really judge him.

Maybe over the next few games we may see more of what he wants to bring to the club but we have to at least back off from him until the end of the season.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rss1969 wrote:

Over a season with the above (46), that would give TC 67 (around 9/10th) and PH 39 (certain relegation).

Also appreciate that on 7 so far under PH bias towards teams higher up in league, so over the 16 will give us a better idea.

There is not one player that he has had any input in bringing to the club and he is trying to impart information and coaching techniques to players that dont seem able to listen. TC had lost the plot big time.

We have not defended properly all season, not battled when it mattered and not created enough chances to win matches.

By now there will be players in the squad who know that they will struggle to play under PH next season. He needs to tinker with players to see who can fit whilst hopefully having a look at some of the youngsters that have been purchased.

Before he had all of the best players sold from under him Barnsley were close to the play-offs last season.

The key is whether the club have sussed that they need more British battler style players and some physicality/spirit in the squad.

I am not saying he is the right fit but TC certainly was not. He needs a good pre-season & his own coaching (of set-pieces especially) influence put into the team before we can really judge him.

Maybe over the next few games we may see more of what he wants to bring to the club but we have to at least back off from him until the end of the season.
Totally agree, RSS, and there is not one of our players who has performed consistently well.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

rss1969 wrote:

Rss, not getting at anything except making comparisons from which we can better draw conclusions, etc. I'll come back to the comparison when the season is over (hopefully I'll find an average somewhere on tinternet instead of my excel sheet :oops: ).

If then you still want to ignore real hard evidence over 'they're not his players, etc' then of course that is your prerogative.

I will go on his CV before he came to us and his results over the 16 games. Of course I remain hopeful that he succeeds.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

rss1969 wrote:

Spot on Rss. Most of the players Orta bought in was with that continental style in mind, hence TC. With a failed system and confidence absolutely shot, its suddenly all down to Hecky to pick up the pieces and turn us into playoff contenders after 7 games. Not on your nelly Dubleeds. :thumbup:
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
rss1969 wrote:

Spot on Rss. Most of the players Orta bought in was with that continental style in mind, hence TC. With a failed system and confidence absolutely shot, its suddenly all down to Hecky to pick up the pieces and turn us into playoff contenders after 7 games. Not on your nelly Dubleeds. :thumbup:
Why couldn't he? We were top 6 for most of TC's reign, bar a few games. These players are good enough for top 6. I said at the time we needed someone who could get immediate success, yet we appointed someone with 1 win in 16, 2 from 23 now.
Deleted User 3289

Why couldn't he? We were top 6 for most of TC's reign, bar a few games. These players are good enough for top 6. I said at the time we needed someone who could get immediate success, yet we appointed someone with 1 win in 16, 2 from 23 now.
Sorry mate I disagree with you there. I have been saying the same thing for months now. This team is nowhere near good enough for the playoffs imo. The table doesn't lie. Don't be fooled like I was about the early season promise. I said at the time they would burn themselves out playing the way TC set them up. I think we have crashed and burned. Imo The Championship is not suited to the continental system. Just look at Reading.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
Sorry mate I disagree with you there. I have been saying the same thing for months now. This team is nowhere near good enough for the playoffs imo. The table doesn't lie. Don't be fooled like I was about the early season promise. I said at the time they would burn themselves out playing the way TC set them up. I think we have crashed and burned. Imo The Championship is not suited to the continental system. Just look at Reading.
Then doesn't that suggest TC did an outstanding job have us top 6 so long then?
Deleted User 3289

Not for me SG. I think we were 10th when he got fired. He looked short of ideas in the end. Losing at Newport certainly did him no favours. Once teams worked out we had a weak, small side we got overrun in midfield and struggled to deal with balls in the box. Its pointless discussing him mate. He's gone now. ;) :thumbup:
SG90

Post by SG90 »

We might have been 10th but we were only 4 points off top 6 and Saiz had been banned for 4 games. Missed a huge opportunity to get a manager in who could have got us winning asap and fight for automatic even. As much as I dislike Pulis, he has got Boro playing and winning since going there.
Deleted User 3289

SG90 wrote:We might have been 10th but we were only 4 points off top 6 and Saiz had been banned for 4 games. Missed a huge opportunity to get a manager in who could have got us winning asap and fight for automatic even. As much as I dislike Pulis, he has got Boro playing and winning since going there.
Don't forget the 50million they have spent. :D I have read the Boro forums quite abit of late and until the last few games most wanted Pulis Gone. There's got to be a lesson in there somewhere. :shifty: