What would you do if you were PH,

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
white viz
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: What would you do if you were PH,

Post by white viz »

Yes definitely, would sort out the defence for sure and bring stability. Might not be pretty to watch but hey what’s new and he wouldn’t stand for any number 2s from players or Orta
white viz

Post by white viz »

Sorry for the s**t word forgot to put the asterisks while watching the cheating Aussie cricketers crying at their press conferences, isn’t it great to see
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think "number 2s" is actually pre-watershed these days so it's okay - most of us put "s**t" out of politeness I think.

Generally, I say "shyte" just to be sure ;)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

white viz wrote:Sorry for the s**t word forgot to put the asterisks while watching the cheating Aussie cricketers crying at their press conferences, isn’t it great to see
NO it isn't!!!!! i take offense at that. They cheated yes and realize their mistakes and have to deal with it for the rest of their lives, this could damage their lives and people should not gloat over that, its disgusting! Would you be saying that if it was a Leeds player who cheated and was crying??? NO you would not.

I live in Australia for most of my life and i was born in the UK and have supported the England team since i was a young boy and yes beating the Aussies at sport was great and really enjoyed it and whilst these players have broken the laws (idiots they are) they are human beings.

Rant over! and sorry for taking the thread into another debate
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mr Russell wrote: Rant over! and sorry for taking the thread into another debate
No need to ever apologise for that, mate - not when I take the whole board on more tangents than Pythagoras :D
Makes it a more interesting place IMHO.

I was listening to Bob Mills on the Jim White show on talkSPORT yesterday morning as they were watching the presser and he was insistent that it was a stage-managed bit of PR.
He absolutely savaged what they'd done saying it wasn't "a mistake" (their words) and that they would've got more respect if they'd said something like "we realised we couldn't win the match fairly so we decided to cheat. We got caught : we hold our hands up".
He was adamant there was no way that the tears were genuine and that they were just going for the sympathy vote.

Now, I know absolutely sweet Felicity Arkwright about cricket and I have even less interest - seriously, I never watch it - but I do listen to him on a regular basis because he's a shining light of sanity and intelligence on that station.

I have no real opinion either way not having seen the press conference or any of the events leading up to it, but I trust Mills' judgement inasmuch as I've generally agreed with pretty much everything he's said in the past ...

In the broader sense, given everything that's happened with eastern bloc sports, Russian Olympians, cycling, athletics, gambling on football, the missing of drug tests .. isn't it time that FIFA, UEFA, The IOC, the boxing federations and every other body governing the myriad sports on the planet came together to discuss the problem before announcing an amnesty date some weeks in the future, after which anyone caught cheating would be given at least a six month ban. Each case could then be handled individually and judgement passed by a panel of representatives from those various sporting bodies ?
I'm not talking about a player diving for a penalty or shirt-pulling as that's a common enough occurrence, I mean the big stuff ..
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

zigzag wrote:With Mick McCarthy leaving Ipswich at the end of the season would we be better off ditching PH writing off the £500k compo to Barnsley and going for Mick.

Discuss.....
Yes for me. He has done it and even with Ipswich with almost no budget has them around where we are and in the play-offs a few years ago. When he was manager of ROI, he was not a hoofball merchant, just for info.
white viz

Post by white viz »

So Mr Russell you take offence to what I wrote, I didn’t intend to offend anybody, I am a true Yorkshireman and what you see is what you get I speak as I find and if anybody does take offence so be it. as for it being a Leeds player how do you know what I would say or feel.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

zigzag wrote:With Mick McCarthy leaving Ipswich at the end of the season would we be better off ditching PH writing off the £500k compo to Barnsley and going for Mick.

Discuss.....
Although don't agree with sacking managers or discussing it in the first place I agree McCarthy is a good manager at this level and one i wanted a long time ago.

Still I accept that plenty do want to discuss changing again so maybe the question should be done as a new thread as this one is "What would you do if you were PH ?". It should really be about coaching and signing players to improve the team.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

To get this thread back to the original question Swindon White Asked -

"What would you do if you were PH"

I think 4 areas need addressing in the next transfer window :-

1. Height - Our team isn't tall enough creates lots of problems, also tall teams have a psycholical effects on opponents.

2. Pace - We are so lacking, its so important.

3. Keep the ball - Too many players that give the ball away, either improve or go should be agiven.

4. Confidence - Its the initial priority.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

white viz wrote:So Mr Russell you take offence to what I wrote, I didn’t intend to offend anybody, I am a true Yorkshireman and what you see is what you get I speak as I find and if anybody does take offence so be it. as for it being a Leeds player how do you know what I would say or feel.
Yes i did and i can believe you did not intend to oh and by the way i was born in Keighley West Yorkshire so don't give me that true Yorkshireman stuff :eh:

Thanks Rigger and i agree it would be a great day when all those associations could come to together to agree on those issues in sport.

Yes SW i agree back on thread :) :)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.