Unread posts

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Unread posts

Post by Davycc »

Just a quick question, has the unread post facility changed as where I used to have the option to search back through pages of unread posts I'm now only getting the last 4 or 5. No biggie just just noticed and was wondering?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Unread posts

Post by Selby White »

Seems to be working ok to me, not aware of any changes although don't use it much.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Definitely think it's me and computers, as I said used to be pages I could scroll trough now its below and I definitely have more than 2 unread posts lol

I also can't search posts (mentioned this before) but again it only seems to be me......... :crazy:

All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Hmmm .. not sure why that would be.

I know some sites limit the number of pages anyone can go back but I didn't think we were one of them.

Maybe it's too do with your browser settings ?
Cookies, etc, I mean ??

Not sure though ..
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Hmmm .. not sure why that would be.

I know some sites limit the number of pages anyone can go back but I didn't think we were one of them.

Maybe it's too do with your browser settings ?
Cookies, etc, I mean ??

Not sure though ..
As I say it's no biggie, I do use the unread post feature everytime I log in to see whats current but never needed to go back more than a few items anyway.

The search thing was a bit annoying when I was redoing the members map nut again don't really use it now. Hey ho.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Which browser do you use ??
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:Which browser do you use ??
Using Chrome mate.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davy, I really don't know what to tell you, mate.

I'm using Chrome and I've just tried the "unread" thing and searched for "biscuits" using the box in the top right and got a whole page of links.

:wtf:

The only thing I can think of is it might be your cache needs clearing but even then I'm not sure.

I'm using Win7 on this machine, but 8 on my laptop and never have that kind of issue on the site on either PC.

Do you run anything like CCleaner to get rid of dead data and files, etc ?
I set my history to clear every time I close the browser and the only thing I keep is cookies so I don't lose passwords and settings for sites like this one.

I would google "Clear Chrome cache" and download and run CCleaner if you don't have it already - it's an anti-spyware program that also cleans up your registry and digs out any crappy nuggets of old tosh that you don't need anymore. It keeps everything spick and span but I don't leave it running all the time as it's a bit resource-hungry - I just run it once a week or fortnight and then exit the program when it's done. It takes less than five minutes to work if you do it on a regular basis.

Those are the only things I can suggest really.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Downloaded CCleaner (free version, I'm tight) laptop definitely running better but still the same issues re the forum lol. I should have mentioned re the search, I get the first page of results "biscuits" etc but when I try to click on either "next page" or the actual page two button on the bottom right I get the error message.

As I said it's no biggie and out of the negative came a positive, my laptop is running better lol Cheers Rigger :thumbup:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

I don't think I've bought any software for over five years other than games. I never pay for security stuff and also use the free version.

One other recommendation as you're using Chrome is to add the extension "Ghostery".
It's to stop sites and companies tracking you and comes highly recommended by a few tech bods that I know (the ones who actually make a living in IT, I mean).