HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Re: Heckingbottom Is he the Man??

Post by Deleted User 728 »

For all you doubting Heck's ability as a manager, you must allow for the fact that he's had a ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions since taking over and it's not gonna get better in time for Villa : Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper, Laurens De Bock, Adam Forshaw, Eunan O'Kane, Matthew Pennington, Tyler Roberts, Conor Shaughnessy are still expected to be absent with injury. Gaetano Berardi remains suspended, whilst Pontus Jansson is doubtful after being withdrawn against Preston North End. That's five first team senior defenders, plus young Conor, as well as our best midfielder, another senior one in O'Kane and the yet-to-appear Roberts up top.

I doubt Guardiola or even The Don could wring a result out of the squad at the moment.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but I do think in this day and age of instant credit, instant gratification and Instagram, we all want everything on a plate yesterday.
Real life isn't like that. Have some sympathy for the guy and some patience.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

rigger wrote:For all you doubting Heck's ability as a manager, you must allow for the fact that he's had a ridiculous amount of injuries and suspensions since taking over and it's not gonna get better in time for Villa : Luke Ayling, Liam Cooper, Laurens De Bock, Adam Forshaw, Eunan O'Kane, Matthew Pennington, Tyler Roberts, Conor Shaughnessy are still expected to be absent with injury. Gaetano Berardi remains suspended, whilst Pontus Jansson is doubtful after being withdrawn against Preston North End. That's five first team senior defenders, plus young Conor, as well as our best midfielder, another senior one in O'Kane and the yet-to-appear Roberts up top.

I doubt Guardiola or even The Don could wring a result out of the squad at the moment.

I'm not his biggest fan by any means, but I do think in this day and age of instant credit, instant gratification and Instagram, we all want everything on a plate yesterday.
Real life isn't like that. Have some sympathy for the guy and some patience.
Have to agree.

He has also tried various teams with the same set of players to see who should be retained and who is going as the squad is reduced from 27 to 20 for next season.

Not many of the players have helped their cause by not performing in the 12 games he has been in charge.

Only the youngsters from the under 23s have made a case to be in next season squad.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Patience is key. I have never been a fan of the revolving door strategy. Like Rigger said above with all the injuries the current back-four is league 2 standard at best. I honestly don't expect to win another game if it stays like that. If some people choose to blame PH for that, then its their right. I'm still in the camp that he deserves to bring some players in and get a full pre-season under his belt.

If we bring someone else in there is no guarantee of success. Then what? We give someone a 2 year contract, and they turn out to be crap aswell. I think Cellino has had a negative effect on some people.

I keep repeating myself like a broken record, but recruitment will tell us all we need to know over the summer.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I think Cellino has had a negative effect on some people.
I would guess every single person he's ever met, apart from his kids and his accountant :wtf:
bedfordwhites
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by bedfordwhites »

Totally agree with what Rigger said, PH has had retched luck on the injury front with the squad since he has been in charge. Give him a chance with a fully fit squad & players he wants in the summer. He took over when we were
on a bad run, has not been able to steady the ship due to as said the injuries & bad discipline at the club, players well & truly underperforming. Lets stay with what we have got, fed up with all manager comings & goings, lets get a bit of stability. Mot.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

bedfordwhites wrote:Totally agree with what Rigger said, PH has had retched luck on the injury front with the squad since he has been in charge. Give him a chance with a fully fit squad & players he wants in the summer. He took over when we were
on a bad run, has not been able to steady the ship due to as said the injuries & bad discipline at the club, players well & truly underperforming. Lets stay with what we have got, fed up with all manager comings & goings, lets get a bit of stability. Mot.
Let's just remind ourselves that we have an almost full first choice team out injured for this game:

Ayling
Pontus
Cooper
De Bock
Pennington
O'Kane
Forshaw
Shaughnassy
Roberts

It's extremely bad luck for PH as we've generally been OK on the injury front over the past few seasons.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Oh Lord I ask only one thing.

PH makes a complete tit of all of us and oversees a rampant LUFC next season.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
zigzag
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by zigzag »

I could just abiut give PH the benefit of the doubt if I could see signs of improvement but I cant, we are going backwards quickly. Sorry but it really is time to go.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

zigzag wrote:I could just abiut give PH the benefit of the doubt if I could see signs of improvement but I cant, we are going backwards quickly. Sorry but it really is time to go.
Not sure you can judge him fairly mate with all the injuries at the moment but admittedly every loss feels like a death knell for him.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Sky said Saiz and Pablo need to prove themselves to Heck and he needs to be our manager for the foreseeable future. Jesus wept. They really want us to go down don't they?