HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 1076

Re: Heckingbottom Is he the Man??

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

rigger wrote:
davidbattyspants wrote: Current form puts us in the bottom 3. We have 10 points from 42. The Heck will take us down next season.

This is what gets my goat - it's an unrealistic situation to judge him on IMHO.

It's already been stated several times that he's got a huge injury list, came into the club when our best player was on a long suspension and the team was at its lowest ebb.

He's also got nothing to play for so why not try the kids - as most of the fans seem to want - and ditch the loanees for persevering with our own players to try and get some form and fitness back ahead of next season.

Mitigating circumstances, not excuses.
Pep would do no better with the situation right now ..

Why is it unfair? Lets look at the team Vs Preston

BPF
Dallas
Anita
Jannson
O'Conner
Viera
Phillips
Grot
Roofe
Pablo
Ekuban

Lasogga, Alioski, Saiz benched. How many of the injuries would be in that team? 3?

Same with Sunderland, Fulham, Wendies. The Leeds team that smashed Burton and Forrest

Felix
Anita
Ayling
Jannson
Cooper
Phillips
O'kane
Alioski
Pablo
Saiz
Roofe

Heck only had two of those unavailable for the reading game and had Forshaw. He isn't good enough.
Deleted User 1076

rigger wrote:We've been discussing closing the match threads and also this thread today.

I suggested that we now close all match threads the morning a new match kicks off so that we keep a lid on stuff more easily.

This one has been quite toxic and it's spilled over into a lot of others as the conversations about Heck splinter across the forum, so the idea was to just start a new thread called "Flaming Heck !" or something and just let that one run and run ..

As a rule, we don't like closing threads down as it feels draconian in itself but judging on your post, DBP, maybe it's not and it's just seen as part of forum life ?

Everyone calm down. This will all work out ;)
I'm talking about thread which turned into fighting. I don't like threads being locked, but in the past we've had them going completely off topic as two members just argued back and forth. In that situation I see no real problem locking it if said users will not desist from off topic arguing.

This thread had strong opinions, but nobody is attacking anyone else on the forum. Nobody is name calling other members so I don't see the problem.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I don't buy into all this 'he's had a tough time because of injuries, suspensions etc.' The fact is we only have 10 points since PH took over and that is absolutely woeful. Can you think of another manager who would survive this? He has to go now. Anything else is clinging to the vain hope he is the manager to secure promotion next season. I suspect that those on here who are backing him are secretly actually doing this out of a feeling of common decency because no one likes to see another change but this time it is as clear as crystal - he's a lame duck and, like Hockaday, out of his depth.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Putting aside wether PH should or sould not be manager/head coach for LUFC I do think that if other areas are not put right then a similar situation could occur again.

Let's not beat around the bush.. MC was responsible for hiring then firing a string of head coach's essentially admitting by firing them that he'd made a mistake by hiring them in the first place. AR bears the responsibilty of hiring and firing now so any firing is essentially admitting his mistake in hiring.

This, this right here is a big problem for me. In order to look at where AR and his team want LUFC to be they must look at where LUFC are and the best path for LUFC to be taken to their desired destination. A clear structure is required in order to prevent this turnover of managers/head coach's which we are all exasperated with. We all desire stability and we all desire to see this high turnover stopped for good. I reckon AR needs to look at his team objectively and work out what needs to be done. Surley the ideal scenario is to get it right when appointing a manager/head coach.
ilkley62
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by ilkley62 »

Get the kettle on wrote:Putting aside wether PH should or sould not be manager/head coach for LUFC I do think that if other areas are not put right then a similar situation could occur again.

Let's not beat around the bush.. MC was responsible for hiring then firing a string of head coach's essentially admitting by firing them that he'd made a mistake by hiring them in the first place. AR bears the responsibilty of hiring and firing now so any firing is essentially admitting his mistake in hiring.

This, this right here is a big problem for me. In order to look at where AR and his team want LUFC to be they must look at where LUFC are and the best path for LUFC to be taken to their desired destination. A clear structure is required in order to prevent this turnover of managers/head coach's which we are all exasperated with. We all desire stability and we all desire to see this high turnover stopped for good. I reckon AR needs to look at his team objectively and work out what needs to be done. Surley the ideal scenario is to get it right when appointing a manager/head coach.
Yes I think most people would agree with this, problem for me which I know has been said many times is we need to appoint an experienced manager with a track record of success, pay him the going rate (or more) then give him time & convince him that we are going to be as competitive as we can be in the transfer market. If I'm honest I'm amazed our fans are as calm as they are after putting up with 2nd rate football & being no nearer the PL after 14 years out of it (my son was 7 & he's just had his 21st birthday)

If we continue as we are its just the same old cheap gamble every season.
Deleted User 1076

ilkley62 wrote:
Get the kettle on wrote:Putting aside wether PH should or sould not be manager/head coach for LUFC I do think that if other areas are not put right then a similar situation could occur again.

Yes I think most people would agree with this, problem for me which I know has been said many times is we need to appoint an experienced manager with a track record of success, pay him the going rate (or more) then give him time & convince him that we are going to be as competitive as we can be in the transfer market. If I'm honest I'm amazed our fans are as calm as they are after putting up with 2nd rate football & being no nearer the PL after 14 years out of it (my son was 7 & he's just had his 21st birthday)

If we continue as we are its just the same old cheap gamble every season.

Seems like basics to me. You decide what you want to achieve and the type of football you want. You pick a management team that you think can deliver the goods in the way you want, then you allow that team to shape the playing staff.

The DoF model just doesn't do it for me. The person recruiting players has to be the person in charge of the first team. He knows what he wants and the type of player he needs and a DoF simply undermines the head coach by taking away responsibility.
Deleted User 2066

Experience is the Key

Post by Deleted User 2066 »

I am still not convinced about the credentials of Paul Heckingbottom and his plan to move the club forward. Its worrying that
raiding his old club for players and bringing the squad size down will make everything right again. The squad needs a firm direction
with a proven experienced Manager that has a range of tactics to suit all games. In my opinion Mick McCarthey is a great manager that
has kept Ipswich Town in the top half of the championship giving the club a realistic chance of a top 6 position. Ok not this year but
his experience is beyond value. Install him as our new Manager giving him full control of players in and out and watch us become a force again.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Merged your post, cybermaf, with the most active Heck thread as we really don't need another new one :wtf:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Have we bought or raided someone from Barnsley?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

John Stones came from Barnsley, didn't he ??

He'll be at the World Cup :)