HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2066

HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Post by Deleted User 2066 »

With the dissmisal of TC some months back Leeds made the decision to bring in PH. The games he has been in charge
has seen a few changes in the side with chances been given to fringe players. Bearing in mind the games we have played
since TC's departure how has PH done as the Leeds Manager so far???????? Is the stat of only winning 1 in 7 ( more of less)
correct or are we just unlucky????
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Heckingbottom Is he the Man??

Post by Davycc »

I think theres been plenty of discussion already had on other threads mate.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Ah not another thread :shock:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think other threads have been hijacked and this is a much more direct question so it can all be kept here :thumbup:

The previous thread asked the question "What would you do if you were PH ?" it moved subject to who would you replace him with, yet not many tried to answer the question asked.

To me its a good question for discussion as I believe its something many forum members feel strongly about.

He certainly wouldn't have been my choice but once AR had made the decision he had my support.

He's employed and needs to be given a genuine chance and that to me must include a transfer window to enable him to strengthen the team in the areas he feels he needs to.
He inherited a team already in poor form with arguably the star man suspended.

Having both played and coached in a number of Sports I believe confidence is a key ingredient to any teams success, its not an overnight job to restore it here. Yes we need to see the signs and at the same time blood a few up and coming players, that's not an easy task.

He still gets my support.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 496

Post by Deleted User 496 »

cybermaf wrote:With the dissmisal of TC some months back Leeds made the decision to bring in PH. The games he has been in charge
has seen a few changes in the side with chances been given to fringe players. Bearing in mind the games we have played
since TC's departure how has PH done as the Leeds Manager so far???????? Is the stat of only winning 1 in 7 ( more of less)
correct or are we just unlucky????
Happy with the young players coming in. He hasn't done so well, 1 win in 7 speaks for itself. No, we have not been unlucky. Evaluate how he has done over the 16 games at the end of the season.
mis
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by mis »

Hmm, i still think PH could be the manager but he will need better players in order to consolidate his promotion chance next season. He need to be given chance
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Let's give the man a chance, none of us know what was going on in the dressing room after Christiansen was dismissed. I personally like him and am in the camp that wants stability. After Cellinos revolving door policy surely this is something we all want to see ? He hasn't been involved in any transfers as he arrived after the window was closed, so none of the current players have nothing to do with him. I believe he won't be frightened to ' blood ' youngsters which is something personally I approve of. Let's give him the summer, see what recruitment he's allowed to do and then let's judge him on this.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Nope. Judging him by his record, then it's nowhere near good enough to even challenge for the top 6. Radz said he appointed him to get us top 6, so both of them have failed miserably. That said, I have no confidence in him to appoint a good manager anyway.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Pep Guardiola couldn't do much with this squad of players. We have three or four decent players who could hack it in the Premiership, the rest are Championship players at best with several not even that.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

johnh wrote:Pep Guardiola couldn't do much with this squad of players. We have three or four decent players who could hack it in the Premiership, the rest are Championship players at best with several not even that.
Couldn't agree anymore with this assessment of the players we have. :thumbdown: