HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2747

Re: Heckingbottom Is he the Man??

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

I am not an expert, but his prior credentials didn't inspire me with any confidence and nothing that has happened since has made me feel more positive about his ability.

I can't remember the last time a managerial appointment filled me with confidence and hope. For me it has been a string of underwhelming choices.

Let's just give Larry the chance he deserves. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

The funniest thing about all these anti-Heck posts repeating themselves ad nauseum is that I don't actually think he's all that anyway.

It could only happen on a Leeds forum, all this .. defending the indefensible .. sticking up for a guy you know will probably be gone in the summer just on principle.
It's about as ludicrous as playing O'Kane every week ..
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:The funniest thing about all these anti-Heck posts repeating themselves ad nauseum is that I don't actually think he's all that anyway.

It could only happen on a Leeds forum, all this .. defending the indefensible .. sticking up for a guy you know will probably be gone in the summer just on principle.
It's about as ludicrous as playing O'Kane every week ..
I agree, Mr R. I don't think there is anyone out there who thinks that PH is doing a fantastic job. We all have varying degrees of antipathy towards him.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote: sticking up for a guy you know will probably be gone in the summer just on principle.
I don't think he will though. The club are asking him who he wants to keep and are looking at signing Barnsley players, hardly seems like they want rid.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

I agree with Rigger and Sniffer. I don't think anyone is claiming that he's a brilliant manager/coach or whatever. My argument is that he shouldn't be judged yet or held responsible for the poor results we're having. It's down to not having enough good players available. I can understand the tinkering and experimenting with the squad at this point and think it makes sense to be honest. I do wish he'd stop messing with Saiz and just play him though. I'll be gutted if he leaves. With a bit more quality around him he'd be fantastic.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Costy wrote:I agree with Rigger and Sniffer. I don't think anyone is claiming that he's a brilliant manager/coach or whatever. My argument is that he shouldn't be judged yet or held responsible for the poor results we're having. It's down to not having enough good players available. I can understand the tinkering and experimenting with the squad at this point and think it makes sense to be honest. I do wish he'd stop messing with Saiz and just play him though. I'll be gutted if he leaves. With a bit more quality around him he'd be fantastic.
Current form puts us in the bottom 3. We have 10 points from 42. The Heck will take us down next season.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

davidbattyspants wrote:
Costy wrote:I agree with Rigger and Sniffer. I don't think anyone is claiming that he's a brilliant manager/coach or whatever. My argument is that he shouldn't be judged yet or held responsible for the poor results we're having. It's down to not having enough good players available. I can understand the tinkering and experimenting with the squad at this point and think it makes sense to be honest. I do wish he'd stop messing with Saiz and just play him though. I'll be gutted if he leaves. With a bit more quality around him he'd be fantastic.
Current form puts us in the bottom 3. We have 10 points from 42. The Heck will take us down next season.
This could be true and if he is given the chance to purchase his own players he might well surprise us all but my instincts tell me he could be given 200 million war chest and he would still manage to screw it up. I think he is a coach at best nothing more than that and I am being very kind by saying that about him.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

davidbattyspants wrote: Current form puts us in the bottom 3. We have 10 points from 42. The Heck will take us down next season.

This is what gets my goat - it's an unrealistic situation to judge him on IMHO.

It's already been stated several times that he's got a huge injury list, came into the club when our best player was on a long suspension and the team was at its lowest ebb.

He's also got nothing to play for so why not try the kids - as most of the fans seem to want - and ditch the loanees for persevering with our own players to try and get some form and fitness back ahead of next season.

Mitigating circumstances, not excuses.
Pep would do no better with the situation right now ..
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

To be honest, It depressing coming on here everyday reading about PH if i'm honest. I am starting to think i will take a sabbatical from the website for awhile to keep myself from getting involved as i am a bit annoyed with it all.

Don't take it personal guys but i really do like the website, it has always been an informative website for me over the past four years or so but sometimes it gets a little too much policed and its off putting to see it happen far to regularly. I just want to come on here and read a few posts and at times share a view of my own and reply to some posts etc. I do think its being a little too marshaled and a little over zealous in the difference between admins, moderators and their views compared to the standard members of late it needs a little toning down guys, I have been seeing it for awhile now and I genuinely love coming on here and you're all a fine bunch of guys and girls but sometimes a little too eager to shoot people down. I have kept my peace with somethings and stood up for the forum on a few occasions.

I think i just need a break from Leeds United to be honest more than anything. There are more important things in life than just football and i love LUFC but i too have reached my Tipping point with it all.

I will post again but I did need to air my view on what i see of late.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Pep would do no better with the situation right now ..

Pep Heckingbottom? ;) :)