HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: HECK BASHING - a mod-free zone - say what you like ..

Post by Another Northern Soul »

davidbattyspants wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Do you guys know that the Mods moderate this site giving their own time to do so. This has always been a family orientated forum unlike other forums where obscenity is almost welcomed. If you don't agree with any of the moderating then let me know but the people who were chosen for that particular role were because it was felt they were the best for the job. This thread is turning into a war zone where infantile name calling has crept in, the easiest thing if you don't agree with someone is put forward a well thought out response & that will be answered with a response it deserves.
Sorry, but I've never bought this argument and it only gets brought up when mods are getting called out. The best thing you can do is what you've done with this thread because up to press the moderation has been inconsistent at best."Useless Phil" gets edited, "MR Loser" doesn't, just gets warned and "Fat Sam" gets a pass, despite being quoted by a mod, so what conclusion can we draw? The mods are acting against anyone who is anti Mr Paul "Not at all useless" Heckingbottom. Is that a fair assessment? Probably not, but the fans and members are not happy and you are going to fight a losing battle defeng him.
Mods are being 'called out' are they? It seems more like they're being baited just for trying to keep a sense of covility and not complete negativity. We've tried to keep it civil and not lowered to a point where the manager is being slated repetitively by people who are giving the impression they'd prefer us to lose so they can be proven right. It has got to the point where transfer rumours have been turned in to fact suddenly just to have a go at the manager again and that comments made by him when at another club (for God's sake) are now being used against him when describing the Leeds team beating them as good. Like he was going to call the Leeds team that beat his team crap etc.

The team is in a woeful decline, whether we approve or not, Radrizzani has spent £500k reportedly in 'signing' Heckingbottom, so he's not going to get rid just because of the banging on and on and on about what are effectively 'dead rubber' games.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Fat Sam has been in circulation for about twenty years and is in common parlance, but I take your point about inconsistencies sometimes between mods.

You have to bear in mind that we're not all on here 24/7 and we don't have time to go through every last post to check what was said by whom.
Also, I did explain why I wasn't going to edit the post with Mr Loser in it - I said I was leaving it up to make the point. I think that's fair enough, don't you ?

None of us are Heck fans, by the way - we just think there should be a certain level of decorum in debate.

That was a cheap jibe about the mods.
I could just as easily turn it around and say we only trot that line out when things are getting out of hand like they have been in this thread.
Believe me, the best thing is NOT to leave the entire forum without moderation.
We'd either be sued for slander and taken offline or we'd lose members and not be able to sustain the site anyway.
We wouldn't be able to compete with the more relaxed forums already out there, which is why we strive to maintain our ethos.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

I think this thread has run its course as its the same people posting the same stuff about how poor PH has been.

Time to move on to another subject and give the PH bashing a rest.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:I think this thread has run its course as its the same people posting the same stuff about how poor PH has been.

Time to move on to another subject and give the PH bashing a rest.
This!!!!!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Done.